Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2600 Barton OC'ing

Options
  • 04-09-2003 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

has anyone tried this? What board would you reccomend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Hey do you have a 2500+ barton , or a 2600+ Tbred ?

Best overclocking board ive had the pleasure of using is the Abit NF7 , great overclocking features & stable !!

If you have a 2500+ barton then ive had experience with overclocking them, 2600+ Tbreds - no. Have just ordered water cooling which should be nice :) . What steping do you have ?? Aquca , Aqxea , Aqzea .........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

I got an extra 153mhz out of my 2600 TBred without any extra cooling and its very stable. (no extra cooling since its a shuttle case). These things should be able to go way higher with good cooling. I'm using an nForce 2 400 Ultra chipset

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

i havnt bought one yet. now that you can get boards that fix the PCI bus speeds and can change the muliplier easily, im considering getting a reasonable board and a Barton.

so the NF7 is good yeah? any other reccomendations?

With the barton it seems that the newer the chip the better it overclocks. The Aqxea stepping is prob the best that is available (with the exception of Aqzea which is very rare) . You can get a guarenteed steping from www.excaliberpc.com , shipping to ireland is very reasonable - think around $13 (2lb weight restriction) .

As for cooling , try www.hitide.ie for some very good water cooling kits .

Motherboard wise i always recomend the Abit NF7 .

Just as a by the way, i have the NF7 , the Xp2500+ (aqxea fomr excaliberpc) and an XXS inovatek water cooling kit from hitide (just got it yesterday, yet to set it up). The Xp2500+ i got will do Xp3200+ on stock (1.65v), havent pushed it any further.....yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Originally posted by COL_LOKI
    The Xp2500+ i got will do Xp3200+ on stock (1.65v), havent pushed it any further.....yet.

u just answered a question i was wondering thx

• Advertisement

No prob :) . Just as a by the way i had'nt great cooling either, was using a Volcano 7+ @ 3000rpm . So its pretty easy if you get a good chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

**** me thats a nice overclock. Ill be gettin an NF7 methinks

The chip does xp3200+ with no problems at all, 2.3ghz with around 1.775V , Have water cooling so will see what it can really do. Board is great, nice overclocking features :) .

Advertisement