Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new adsl modem and xp is crashing

Options
  • 05-09-2003 2:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi, dunno if i'm in right forum and its 2:16am and i'm a bit drunk, but lets go for it:
    ok i have a 2ghz amd athlon, 1gb pc3200 ddr ram, 128mb geforce 4 ti4600, 100gb 7200 hdd, chaintech apogee with onboard lan and c-box for sound, running windows xp.
    2 days ago i installed my matrox pci adsl modem which appears as "conexant accessrunner pci adsl wan adapter" in device manager.
    ever since it has been crashing on and off usually playing cs.
    i have the latest nvidia drivers and looked for new modem drivers but only found the ones i had already, i don't know if i have via 4 -in-1 installed or not if so it was a while ago and caused no problems in the past, does anyone have any ideas to help???
    p.s. i used the pci slot for my previous modem and no problems so i don't think that is problem.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cancerstick

ok thought i'd update it was the msblaster worm and i subsequently removed it now i cna leae it alone downloading 24/7 but if i play music watch a vid or play cs it crashes within 2 minutes. The whole computer just freezes and does nothing i have reinstalled the onboard drivers 3 times tried the win update ones and went to the site for the latest drivers all no joy.
    Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Advertisement