Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deise Boys - Bring on the Dubs

Options
  • 05-09-2003 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Bring on the Dubs. We have already had the rebels and the Kingdom for breakfast. Now its time for some lunch.

The 'Brick' Walsh & Shanie are going to destroy them. Nowlan Park appartenly for the semi.

Yes, Nowlan Park is a tiny pitch. Tight spaces where some fellas could get nailed.

C'mon Waterford

Waterford 2-8
    Kerry 1-9

Shane Walsh carved his name into the annals of Waterford GAA on Wednesday night September 3, with a sensational injury-time goal that earned them their first ever Munster under-21 football title at the expense of Kerry.

Over 5,000 fans turned up at Walsh Park to witness an emotional night for the Decies and although the winning goal came in injury-time, Waterford were deserved winners. In turn Kerry were denied a record 25th provincial title.

Waterford, who beat Cork in the semi-final, started brightly and a Mark Power goal from Michael Walsh’s 45 after 16 minutes gave them a four point lead, 1-2 to 0-1.

Kerry appeared rattled and goalkeeper Bryan Sheehan kept them in contention with two goal bound saves in succession from Liam O’Lonain and Bob Costelloe.

Waterford continued to be in the ascendancy at half-time, leading 1-5 to 0-4, and a Costelloe point on the resumption extended their lead. However, Kerry began to rally and took control for most of the second-half.

They hit three points in succession before captain Michael Collins rifled home their only goal of the game after 40 minutes. The goal gave Kerry a narrow lead, 1-7 to 1-6, and the momentum looked to have slipped away from the home side.

Midway through the half Kerry were awarded a penalty, which corner-forward DJ Fleming subsequently crashed against the woodwork. The Kingdom kept their heads though and managed to lead by a point as the game entered injury-time.

Decies captain Niall Hennessy floated a speculative ball into the Kerry goalmouth area and Walsh rose highest to punch home a famous goal for Waterford football.

They will now meet Dublin in the All-Ireland semi-final.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

sure its not semple ??????????????????????????

Just got word that this match is fixed for Semple Stadium on Sunday the 21st of Sept at 4.45pm.

c'mon the dubs !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

Anywhere Anytime

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

And when the Dubs go up to win any cup, We'll be there, We'll be there

Hi Ger, Are the RES dubs going ?

Im expecting my first child around that time so its unlikley I will make the trip but Ill be there is spirit.

C'mon the Dubs
    317.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Aparently by train, so sounds good to me.Did ya make it to the game in the end last week?
    I met some of the lads for the first time last Sun, seem sound enough.

Hope all is good with the baby, and CONGRATULATIONS

• Advertisement

no I havent been to any U21 matches this year. been at a few minors and the seniors of course.

Ill be at the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭mobby

The 'Brick' Walsh & Shanie are going to destroy them

"The Brick Walsh " good ol GAA name..............

Big day tomorrow !!!

C'mon the DUBS

Advertisement