Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Word 2000 password cracker

• 05-09-2003 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a word file that has a password and I need to get in to it. Genuine reason for cracking it, it's a file belonging to my mother and she has forgotten her password.

I've searched the web but all I've come across is applications which I would have to pay for. Does anybody know of a free app that will enable me to open this file? I don't necessarily want to find out the password but just want to be able to access the file.

Thanks,

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Heresy

I've been warned before about advertising dodgy software so what i'll do is tell you about a dodgy website - www.cracks.am
    Be warned, it's full of pop-ups and trickery, so be careful. On behalf of this community i'd like to say - this site and it's contents are not supported in any way by boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

I have heard that these password cracker things can run from anywhere between a few hours to a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Heresy

In this case, I think a few minutes will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Thanks Heresy, I'll take a look at that website when I get home from work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

I'm afraid I can't recommend any dodgy web sites (nor would I if I could, because of the potential mess it could cause for the proprietors of this site), but I can tell you two things:
    1. Word 97 & higher requires "brute force" dictionary-based cracking, so it could take a while.
    2. Elcomsoft (Russian) do a good (payware) tool for this... I think it's called Office Password Recovery.

HTH,
    Gadget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Just DL the evalu copy of this, works in a few mins. http://www.vdgsoftware.com/uzc.html

Advertisement