Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

once more for luck

Options
  • 05-09-2003 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

since my last post on this issue was moved here (and i am puzzled as to why) i will ask the question again and hopefully this time get a reply from you good peeps, so here goes

due to a very unsatisfactory time just recently with esats netsmart service
    i am thinking of moving to utvip for both telephone and net use , my
    question is as i am an esat customer now do i have to revert back to eircom
    first or can i go to utv straight from esat.
    thanks ,
    voyager.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Ask UTV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭voyager

well as i expected nothing posted in reply but the obvious, i have asked utv and am waiting on a reply, i thought i might get a quicker responce from someone on these boards, someone who has gone through the process before me.
    used to be you would get help on here but alas that has been sidelined and sarcasm has taken its place.
    voyager.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Apologies if I'm a little snippy today - if I was being sarcastic, you'd know all about it! ;)

I figured it was an obvious course of action, but you didn't mention it. If anyone else knew the answer, they would have posted by now. Moral of the story: when asking a question, include all the salient facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

yes, you CAN go straight from esat to UTV...I did the exact same thing changing from NoLimits to UTVip......

although its a bit messy, and MAKE SURE ESAT TERMINATE YOUR ACCOUNT PROPERLY. We almost took them to court because they kept billing us........... for 7 or 8 months after we switched.

andrew163, many thanks for the reply , when you say ;
    MAKE SURE ESAT TERMINATE YOUR ACCOUNT PROPERLY.
    what was your eventual method of doing so successfully, all info very welcome as i want to do this asap,
    many thanks, voyager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

What we did was, we sent a letter to eircom authorising them to change our CPS provider (from Esat to UTV), then we just signed up as normal with a direct debit form off the UTV site......

The I mentioned esat terminating your account properly because they made a mistake and kept billing us for the next 6 or so months (the NoLimits monthly charge). It took alot of formal emails and letters to get them to finally stop trying to bill us.......... although hopefully that won't happen to you.

thanks again andrew, i appreciate your responce both here and privatly.
    voyager.

Advertisement