Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Telphone Calls

Options
  • 09-05-1999 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

NTL will introduce a telephone service to Cablelink subscribers allowing them to avail of an unmetered local call charge of 0.035 as opposed to Telecom Eireann's £0.115 charge per unit.
    This means to that you just pay for 0.035 for the call and it does not clock up the cost of the call, you just pay for the call not for how long your on smile.gif
    http://ireland.iol.ie/~kooltek/#ntlclnk

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I LOVE YOU.

(If this is true)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

I HATE YOU

(cos i dunno if i can get cable link out here! damnit.... i hate TV too!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

TV RULES!!!!!!!!!!!
    whahay!!!!!! woooweee!!!
    ok bye now smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

This sounds so cool it just cant be true

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

Thats it I`m getting cablelink in the summer...woohoo..but if they bring it in te will too wink.gif...

they`ll have too like..

kick ass baby smile.gif...

Ro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i still have to pay me 29 quid every 3 months thou wink.gif

white(if theres summit to complain about-i'll find the bugger!)wash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 CrEaT IvE

But this means everyone will be lpb.....what will we do then?

CrEaT^IvE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

take it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

"The move would effectively rip the heart out of Telecom Eireann's domestic and commercial market as Cablelink's main network is in Dublin City and it also has the main population centres of Waterford and Galway"

Like sep ur in galway
    like woohoo baby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

How long will it take tho?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Sorry lads, he got you all excited over very little.

You won't be able to access the net at 3.5p for unlimited time, oh no siree. You'll only be able to call other Cable telephone users at that rate. The local call rates to non-cable numbers are liable to be worse than TE's or Oceans charges.

Also, people have this funny idea that we're gonna get the same deal as in Britain, where we all become LPBs overnight with 512kb connects for peanuts.

It's not gonna happen in the near future, and there's no point getting your hopes up. If anything, the Internet is about to get MORE expensive, as companies start charging us by the megabyte... and an hour of playing a game online on a modem/ISDN is similar in data transmission to a 10Mb download. Expect to pay through the nose...

Mata ne!
    Rob (emigrating)

Durex Modems - Always use Safe Hex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 CrEaT IvE

"take it?"....ha ...not from you butcherboy smile.gif

Advertisement