Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

world's greatest drinkers!

• 05-09-2003 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭

At a world brewing convention in the States, the CEOs of various brewing organisations retired to the bar at the end of each day's conferencing.
    Bruce, CEO of Fosters, shouted to the Barman: "In 'Strailya, we make the
    best bloody beer in the world, so pour me a Fosters, mate."
    Bob, CEO of Budweiser calls out next: "In the States, we brew the finest beers of the world, and I make the king of them all - gimme a Bud."
    Hans steps up next: "In Germany ve invented das beer. Give me ein Becks, der real King of beers."
    Paddy, CEO of Guinness, steps forward: "Barman, give me a diet coke with ice and lemon. please."
    The others stare at him in stunned silence, amazement written all over their faces.
    Eventually Bruce asks: "Are you not going to have a Guinness, Pat?"
    Paddy replies "Well, if you pansies aren't drinkin', then neither am I".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Bet that shut 'em up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

any real man would ask for a pint of whiskey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭napalm@night

gud1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Only barely on topic but I loved the story about the legendary Richard Harris going down the shops for bread one day and ending up on a three month drinking marathon that took him halfway around the world. When he finally arrived home, with no keys, he knocked on the door. His wife answered and stood there glaring at him until he finally said:

"Why didn't you pay the ransom?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

THere was another Harris story which went something like this

He woke up on a train which he didn't remember getting and he'd no idea where it was going.
    When he arrived at the destination it was late and he was wandering up the street when he saw the lights on in a house.
    He started throwing pebbles at the window until a woman opened it and looked at him
    Woman: "Whadda you wan?"
    RH: I was wondering if you would have a drink for at all?
    Woman: "Are you Richard Harris?"
    RH: "I am indeed my good lady and if you could give me a whiskey, I'd be eternally gratefully"

So the woman let him in for a shot.
    He stayed with the family for two weeks after which time they waved him down the street back to the train station!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

lol :D I like it :D

Advertisement