Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heh heh bye bye Q3

Options
  • 06-05-1999 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

If Congress have thier way.

There was some bill trying to be passed to remove violence from games that are teaching our kids to kill. Have a guess what game the congressman was waving as proof. None other then a nice shiney copy of Quake 2.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dupre

That reminds me - what ever happened to that Irish computer game censorship or rating committee or whatever it was that people were talking about a couple of months ago ?
    When is it being set up ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

hobbes, why dont you just fucck off you stupid bollixx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Karla

What the hell is that guys problem? Every time Hobbes posts this guys appears with some utterly retarded statement. What's the story?

Karla

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Heh heh.. Assuming Damo is Braincell I think it stems back from some argument we had in IRC where he was saying "Q1 is better then Q2" and I was saying "They are different games, get over it". Then it proceeded to where he was name calling so I banned him.

It's not just this board, he pulls this sh1t when I bump into him on IRC, although he calmed down a little after Shiva as well was kicking his a$$ off.

But then maybe he's just fuked in the head. Either way I give this guy some meaning in his life, so best just to ignore him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Hobbes.... it won't happen, for the same reason that the Irish Game Censorship thing has been quietly forgotten as well... Industry pressure.

Nobody in their right minds kills the goose that lays the golden eggs. And the games industry in the USA is worth billions of dollars anually - in fact, it's expected that revenue for 1999 from the games companies will be more than from the film companies. Can you see congress shutting down Hollywood?

No, me either.

Mata ne!
    Rob

• Advertisement

Maybe so, but it could go where they would have a say on how the game was changed (eg. Green blood and zombies in Carmagedon). Either way it will prolly only be the US that suffers.

The way things are over here at the mo, I can honestly see them forcing iD to add some code so you couldn't program Trenchcoats onto your MDL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

if they are normal politicians they know jack sh1t about technology. I can see the day when a law might be passed forcing developers to modify their games to make them suitable for minors, but then someone will just write a patch to put the gore back in and give it to all their friends...ah its all so easy smile.gif

Conshidrubley, richer than yowww!!
    robertgallagher@tinet.ie
    http://www.planet-tribes.com/em

oh my god i cant believe what i just read!!!!!

"Heh heh.. Assuming Damo is Braincell I think it stems back from some argument we had in IRC where he was saying Q1 is better then Q2" and I was saying "They are different games, get over it."

Whaaaaat the fuuck??
    woah you could remember something sad and pointless like that!?

"It's not just this board, he pulls this sh1t when I bump into him on IRC, although he calmed down a little after Shiva as well was kicking his a$$ off."

do you really think that my being kicked off irc by shiva would alter my actions towards you in any way?, fact: i KNOW you are one sad fuucker who at the age of around 40 spends all his time playing computer games, buying little toys and making tinfoil axes!.......FREAK!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

lol damo i laughed so much i mearly cried smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

hes a funny lad

hehe pat, u vs Cloud on keys ahahah deadly smile.gif

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    LIGHTS OUT EVERYBODY

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

no im sure HE was on mouse smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I really must meet this Damo person.... Koopa informs me that all his "humour" is actually funny once you've met him... Hmm. Since others seem to find it amusing, and it's not, in the general sense of the word, anything other than abusive, repetitive crap... I guess meeting him must be a moment of true revelation, then....

Mata ne!
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Riker

Ah BC I remember the days when you were sounds, what's happened to ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

Ahhh Dey MO, u spend FARRRR too much time trying to think ur mad.

Jaysus loike I know I wouldn't want to mess with a lad loike you, and ur mad boyz.

Watch it Hobbes, You've made an enemy {!}

neeigh

riker by reading what you said, ill assume you have never met or seen this freak in real life, and ste, why would i try to THINK im mad?, surely i would try to BE mad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

Riker: ah BC I remember the days when you were sounds, what's happened to ya?

uhhh he is still sound..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Karla

Ummmmm, back to the topic, there was an article about this in yesterdays Irish Times in the technology section. I couldn't find it on their site tho. If you can get your hands on it it's an interesting read.

Karla

"woah you could remember something sad and pointless like that!?"

Actually it was quite funny, and if I still had the log I'd paste it, especially the bit where you started crying to have the topic removed.

"do you really think that my being kicked off irc by shiva would alter my actions towards you in any way?"

Nope it doesn't. But you certainly shut up quick enough when it was a K-line facing you rather then a channel ban (which just had you continally being abusive privately to me).

"fact: i KNOW you are one sad fuucker who at the age of around 40"

Not even close, want to guess again?

"spends all his time playing computer games,"

Well not all my time, proberly no more then most of the Quake addicts here.

"buying little toys" - Whats your point? Anyway what sort of toys are we talking about here?

"and making tinfoil axes!" - Wasn't tinfoil and I didn't make it, I just brought it in for the person who made it, but couldn't be at the IQCL. You seemed to be fascinated about that axe.

Seeing as all you can do is make personal attacks to me on any comment I make rather then the topic you really have to ask yourself who's sadder here.

Damo, you want to b1tch do it privately (preferbly to yourself), and if you have something on the topic to talk about post, otherwise shut the fuk up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

do we have a picture of the axe in question m'lord?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Damo rules smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Your honour, I'd like to make it known to the court that Damo is some goer and he'd take Hobbes in a scrap.

"fact: i KNOW you are one sad fuucker who at the age of around 40" Not even close, want to guess again?" hmmmm........38?

""spends all his time playing computer games,"Well not all my time, "....impressive

and thats a good point Daire

Actually it's 28 (just to stop the purile guessing).

Advertisement