Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radeon 9800XT comes with HL2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Hmm, 9800XT 425mhz Core Clock/700mhz Ram + HL2?

Sounds like a nice bundle to me.

Well my 9800 is at 400mhz and Ram at 700mhz so I reckon I can go a little further to match the card.

Cant wait for HL2 ***.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

There won't be that much impovement with that new card . Nice too see HL2 bundled with it tho.
    My 9800 non pro would do 415mhz core 780mhz mem so i recon i have more than matched this card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Well, according to this bench test:
    http://www.hardware-pacers.com/pages.php?catType=r&pid=239&id=464&pageX=on
    the 9800 Pro hits it's o/c limit at 418/371
    Quote:
    "After overclocking over the limit (418/371), the video card started to show heavy amounts of artifacts. After the core and memory speed was decreased to 418/371, the artifacts were gone. It is also amazing at how far (418/371 from 378/351) the video card's core can be overclocked."

At 418/371, there's a significant boost in fps (35 fps faster in UT2k3 flyby 4xAA) over standard 9800 Pro speeds. 425/700 can only be better :D

I'm glad I've waited this long before buying...

btw, NV50s are due out on Sep 15th.
    http://www.notforidiots.com/GPURW.php
    Who knows? maybe these drivers will dropkick the FX5900 Ultra into contention for my hard earned euros. There may even be a new card in the offing soon (to counter ATI's winning XT-HL2 bundle)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

I think you mean nvidia's new drivers will be released 15th Sept. I don't really see nvidia releasing the NV50 for some time now. Detonater's the driver package name for nvidia based cards.

Oops, I meant the nVidia Det 50s naturally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

i think this will just incerase sale of the 9800pro because most ppl with a brain will not pay another 100 quid for a slighty better card. But hl2 included that rocks

Originally posted by thomasmckinless
    i think this will just incerase sale of the 9800pro because most ppl with a brain will not pay another 100 quid for a slighty better card. But hl2 included that rocks
    Well, I'll definitely go for the 9800XT if it's not much dearer than the 9800 Pro is now. There's speculation that it will be the same price as 9800 Pro, and the Pro may be reduced in price or discontinued. Anyway, let's see what nVidia come up with in the next few weeks.
    There's a lot of cash out there waiting to be spent and both companies know it. If nVidia can't compete with the 9800XT by the time it's launched, they'll lose a lot of cash & credibility.

Advertisement