Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Much For Welcoming Newbies

Options
  • 09-05-1999 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭

ok , ages and ages ago everyone tlaked about how there was no newbies joing the quake scene, now i have a brother whos into games and for ages and ages,
    so i try to convince him to get into the online games scene namely quake,
    now

tonight, my brother decided to join irc, now he never used irc before so i was there with him showing how to use it and filling him in on what ppl meant and who was who, i told him that if ever he was online and me and cream were not around that DeVore and Vexorg were the ppl to ask for help, but always to ask if theywere available first
    (no offence meant to anyone else btw its just i no dev and vex personnaly )

now we have two pc's networked with ishare so that we both can be online at the same time so my bro joined irc

i left after a while (horny boyf) and my brother stayed in irc, now

heres the fun bit

i am dialed thru ennis
    therfore my bro is dialed thru ennis

now steve got stuck on one or two littel things (remember hes never used irc b4)
    so he DCC's DeVore and says "hi"...no answer..........
    goes again..." u there?"

DeVore replys with "not now"

i had at this time returned and was standing beside my bro going thru his cd's,
    when he asked me who daa was
    i looked at his monitor and saw numerous ppl calling him daaa
    so i asked him to get off his pc for a sec
    now yes i did forget to change my nick, granted, but i typed in something along the lines of "im not daa ffs give me some credit" ..think i aimed that at dev.....
    anywyas
    the treatmetn my brother got JUST because he was dialing thru ennis and hadnt my nick
    everyone presumed he was daa
    and he got soem abuse over it

he is a newbie!
    an outright newbie!

and just becasue hes on thru ennis
    he gets abuse and gets called daa!

now the worst one i saw was devore

ah yes this is what dev said
    [22:56] <DeVore> <s_twit> ya **** u dev...ffs calling me daa liek give me some credit
    [22:57] <DeVore> he sure talks like him

now i had used steves nick and said that defending myself/my bro

my point:

my brother comes on
    a newbie
    and he gets treated like sh!t!
    fs and the whle time yee all say....devore was the one who stared the plea i guess u could call it, for new players, along comes one, and hes gets treated like crap!

now at that stage i came back on irc on my pc and agve out like stink (and as yee no , thats not a pleasant sight)

yet ppl still did not accept that this was my bro

so HOW ON EARTH!?!?!?!?!?!!...can newbies feel welcome if one from ennsi (same dialup as me so it was) gets treated liek daa!

yes daa is a b0ll0x but ffs not everyone from ennis is daa!

now i do not thinkn this stands well for any newbie joining the scene to be faced with this

just because of his dialup

i named dev because he was worse, he didnt even believe ME when i told him s_twit was my bro!....liek ya i would have daa round at my house ffs.......

i think yee need to re-evaluate ure newbie-welcome wagon policy

because it shurely sucks atm!

fs jsut becasue his dialup was ennis
    COP ON!

not everyone fron ennis is daa!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭FurY

HERE HERE
    FurY^cD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

yah it wasnt nice smile.gif
    Pitty any newbies that start joining in, like if u use a name on the servers that no one knows but its your reall name u get kicked. Daishi had trouble with some ppl too but i wont mention them smile.gif
    Just leave people alone if u dont know who they are and stop haslting them.

Quite a few ppl thought he was daa, goes too show how dumb some people can be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

emmm, did you tell anyone he was your brother? Daa comes onto irc under 100 different fucckin names every nite trying to stay unbanned so everyone just fuccks him off. you dont honestly think that just because its ure brother that everyone is gonna suddenly know its Mr Adra and not Daa, especially with a name like s_twit ?

Nobody minds helping new boys, I have seen a lot of ppl like Blade etc helpin out the gayys that dont know jack, but they arent going to hop to attention when an ennis ident asks them something coz for the last 6 months the only ennis dialins have been you and the mighty Daa. You can't just explode on ppl that they dont help newbies because they mistook ure bro for Daa. If i was told, I'd have banned the IP before half of IRC was insulted.
    And tell Cream to keep it in his pants.

smile.gif

Z-Fluthered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Yes she said it was her bro
    And he had same dialup as her

[This message has been edited by Chaos (edited 09-05-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

yes zero
    i told ppl about an hour , actually i repeatedly told ppl s_twit was my brother
    as chaos said i did say it and everyone was in when i said it......and i didnt say it just once mind
    i said it 5/6 times at least
    i was inroducing him to everyone
    so dont tell me that just coz ppl didnt no he was my bro that they abused him
    he had my dialup and i was ther telling ppl he was my bro

so unless u no whether or not i had told ppl please do not assume that i hadnt
    as i said i did more than once
    and i have logs of u been in the room wheni said s_twit was my bro

• Advertisement

yes zero
    i told ppl about an hour , actually i repeatedly told ppl s_twit was my brother
    as chaos said i did say it and everyone was in when i said it......and i didnt say it just once mind
    i said it 5/6 times at least
    i was inroducing him to everyone
    he had my dialup and i was ther telling ppl he was my bro

so unless u no whether or not i had told ppl please do not assume that i hadnt
    as i said i did more than once
    and i have logs of u been in the room wheni said s_twit was my bro

and no cream cant keep it in his pants wink.gif

oops soz about that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Iv said it before and ill say it again,most q1 players are scumbags and this just proves my point smile.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Exactly who abused him?
    Exactly how was he abused?

By being called "daa" apparently. Well paint me red and call me Lucy, I sure hope the sensitive lad recovers soon. Remind me to send flowers to the rehab clinic.

He was telling people not to spam when they repeated a call for a war twice, in fact here are the abidged logs. (only unconcerned lines cut out)
    <s_twit> hi chaos
    *** Nem has quit IRC (We all have to die sometime!U first.)
    <Ron> gwt yer ***** Ass to indigo :28000
    <Mickah> c'mon chaos
    <Mickah> SB
    <s_twit> ron stop repeating ureself
    <DeVore> daaa shut up
    <s_twit> we heard ya the first ttime
    <s_twit> ok thast it
    <s_twit> devore im not daaa
    <s_twit> i am adras brothere
    <s_twit> and adra is here bedside me
    <Chaos^cD> heh
    <Chaos^cD> who u callaing daa?
    <Chaos^cD> yah
    <Chaos^cD> get your facts right
    <Ron> emmm
    <Ron> yea >
    <s_twit> ya **** u dev...ffs calling me daa liek give me some credit
    <s_twit> im adras bro
    <adrastea> S_TWIT IS NOT DAAA
    <adrastea> S_TWIT IS MY BROTHER
    <adrastea> LIVE WITH IT
    <adrastea> I NEED A FAG
    <adrastea> AND A DRINK
    <s_twit> whats she being saying about me
    <s_twit> its all lies

Now for someone who had just jumped into the channel he sure SOUNDS like daa...
    lets look at the facts...
    1. from ennis.
    2. immediately msg's me when I come on.
    3. acting the knob (yes I think telling someone to stop repeating themselves when they are trying to cut through the wall of ****E in #quake.ie to get a war going is acting like a knob)
    4. calling himself s_twit.
    5. He appears to have an attitude.

I'm sorry if I mortally offended him by saying "daaa shut up" (which was the *only* thing I DID say to him before I got a screen full of abuse and threats from adra that I would "regret every word"... all 3 of them apparently. Thats a lot of regret you know.)

Adra, if your brother is susceptible to such mental trauma from a simple mistake then I suggest that #quake.ie is not for him. In fact I think you should wrap him up in cotton wool again and put him back in as I dont think he's done yet.

pffff!

DeVore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Ok, I'm a horrible bast@rd for assuming you hadnt told ppl he was ure bro.
    no need to pull the logs job on me, half the time when im "in the room", I'm not actually in the room.
    Ppl calling him Daa when u said he was ure bro is a bit silly alright. I'm sure he's a luvly chap. If I see ever see him in IRC, i'll be sure to give him a big hug. or something.

Im still langered, all words in the above sentences are fictional, and any reference to normal words, past or present, is purely coincidental.
    E&OE

Zero.

Lads, be nice to Adra's brother.

• Advertisement

`k so heres the story

now Lucy, u "presumed" that s_twit was daaa.....
    therfore u did not give a newie a chance and wrote them off as daa
    now u wer not just on
    and i had said repeatedly that stwit was my bro

ah tbh i was the one who told ron not to spam
    and as u can see all i said was not to repeat himself that we heard him the first time
    now ron had said that line more than u have pasted here....so theres that replied to

see my bro is new
    he didnt know what this reference to daa was
    he didnt know why ppl kept calling him daa
    and tell him to **** off
    and shut up
    etc etc
    like say yee joined quake.uk and ppl started saying get out so&so..shut up so& so...ect etc

hes just new lads
    give him a break
    presuming his daa isnt a break
    u cant go around doing that to newbies

and ya ok im****ed also because hes my bro
    like woudlnt yee be if itwas one of ures>?

dev i want to talk to u innprivate about this

zero: ure gorgeous smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 CrEaT IvE

Bad form, bad form bad form!!!
    But one things for sure .....everyone knows who s_twit is now. s_twit ..you should feel honoured....first day on the scene and you get a whole cloud board thread about ya...deadly....you should be proud smile.gif

Dev...tis a wonderful quality to admit when you're wrong...face it you were....not saying i dont know where you're comming from but....when you're wrong you're wrong sad.gif

Wish everyone could be as infallible as me....twould be a wonderful world smile.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

<Mickah> c'mon chaos
    <Mickah> SB
    <s_twit> ron stop repeating ureself
    <DeVore> daaa shut up
    <s_twit> we heard ya the first ttime
    <s_twit> ok thast it
    <s_twit> devore im not daaa
    <s_twit> i am adras brothere
    <s_twit> and adra is here bedside me
    <Chaos^cD> heh
    <Chaos^cD> who u callaing daa?
    <Chaos^cD> yah
    <Chaos^cD> get your facts right
    <Ron> emmm
    <Ron> yea >
    <s_twit> ya **** u dev...ffs calling me daa liek give me some credit
    <s_twit> im adras bro
    <adrastea> S_TWIT IS NOT DAAA
    <adrastea> S_TWIT IS MY BROTHER
    <adrastea> LIVE WITH IT
    <adrastea> I NEED A FAG
    <adrastea> AND A DRINK
    <s_twit> whats she being saying about me
    <s_twit> its all lies

Rofl this is cool so basically Dev the only thing you said after a totally unknown name like "s_twit" butts into a conversation between known Quakers arranging a war on a quake channel and who indent was from Ennis, was "Daa shut up" and before you typed your next line there was 16 lines of abuse?

God dev u should know better!!!
    Blade

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I never said I was ANYTHING but incorrect in calling him daa but it's not really *abuse* now is it.

Bah, storm -> teacup.

What IS insulting is the insinuation that I abuse newbies.

Thats just ******.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Daa

LOL!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Here Dav you don't play anymore cause your crap smile.gif

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

so are you gandalf.

and before you go on about how you beat me about 80 to 30 on house of whatshisname, let me remind you that you had A pint and i had about 6 + a few vodkas and the obligatory 3 tequilas!

in fact, bugger the nethouse, lets just go drinking on friday nights smile.gif

see this thread has lost all meaning again
    ha gandy, play ya on q2dm7 (thats the beat koopa level as it happens wink.gif)
    hiya sam!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

much a do about nothing methinks...

btw, what name do u play q2 under Dav?...never seen any Kharns knocking around war1 :/

You must be mistaking me for somebody who gives a ****..
    robertgallagher@tinet.ie
    www.planet-tribes.com/em

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Well its nice to see that someone agrees with me,thx Kharn.I not going to start a q2 over q1 thing as I couldnt care less what game ppl play.Dev has done more for Irish quake than anyone else with the exception of maybe cloud(still waiting on my board ya muppet)so to accuse him of getting heavy with a newbie is a joke.Adra,cop on to yourself and stop acting like a fool.Your brother butted into something by telling ppl to be quite.He got a bit of hassel and you post a huge and way over the top post to the board.Just coz he's your bro dosent mean he should get special treatment.If he pulled a stunt like that in #quake2 he would be on the akick list so fast his head one spin.On the upside he know knows that irc aint a barrel of joy.

Ven(ignorance is no excuse)om

right now see blade,
    u only pasted what happened in the channel and u can't post the privvy msg with s_twit and dev and whoever
    now when s_twit msg dev with "hi"
    all he said was hi u there
    and dev responds with...not now.

so a newbie from ennis msg dev for help and he gets that reaction
    um ya thats really the way to treat newbies

just presuem that everyone from ennis is daa
    ya why not
    like shur we dont realy want newbies do we
    i mean why would we want new ppl playing quake like
    shur thast unreal!
    pfffth to hell with newbies eh!

now ure points dev.......
    1> from ennis - - - shur it MUST be daa! hell why not just cal me daa too! im from ennis!

2> he msg u looking for help.is that such a crime?.............i told him that if ever i asnt around or cream to ask u or vex that u would e able to help him.guess i was wrong to presume that u would help eh

3> he didnt act the knob, i did, i told ron to stop repeating himself that we heard him the first time....now ron had repeated himself mmore than is pasted here as u said shur, u just came on eh , how owuld u no?

4> he has used the nick s_twit for ages and he will continue to use it because its his.........yes daa does use thick names at times but again u presumed and didnt look at the facts ............(IE - - SAME dialup as me, even bubbles' script pointed that fact out))

5> U have an attitude, I have an attitude, fs everyone has an attitude, and as i already said , i wsa the one that told u to **** odd , coz everyone was calling him daa and telling him to **** off and shut up

all facts

and lads this post thas nothing to do with q2 so leave those out eh....

again i'll say this coz it just not seem to be getting rhu

even when i was on and telling ppl that stwit was my bro...ppl still did not believe me.....again same dialup and ffs i hate daa more than anyone, nw why would i let him use my pc???

hello anyone home?
    think ffs ppl

• Advertisement

Madra beag, stop barking and get some of the good stuff of yar man, Cream. You should have more on your mind than IRC and Quake at this moment and time.
    Fact : Women and Quake don't mix.
    They are too sensitive and *****y. Sure Toulouse and Adra are the reason I'm banned again for the most part.
    bye you HIP d00dz!

<s_twit> ya fvck u dev...ffs calling me daa liek give me some credit

Tell me this doesnt REEK of daa.

A rose by any other name is just as annoying.

DeV.

want a reallll good laugh!!! homepage.tinet.ie/~dhehir/****s.htm

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

hmmmmmm

Wasn't there, so I won't get into the politics, but I must say, I agree with Venom - I'm sick of the politics in Irish Quake and that's why I never play anymore. The Quake 2 guys all seem to get along pretty well and there don't appear to be any Daaa's in the bunch that's why I've started playing Quake 2.

HORRAYYY FOR QUAKE 2!!!

Now, hopefully this'll start one of those big long Quake is better than Quake 2 arguements and the whole thread will loose it's meaning (as is usually the case).

I'm not going to go into it curlydav.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.tinet.ie/~davitt

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I was always crap Gandy, but I played Quake for the laugh (weird huh?). A concept that some others should look into...

WibblyWobbly ( wwman.gif ) we still have to have our duel heeheehee curlydav.gif
    Actually, ya - it's the 2 custom smilies squarin' off against one another
    WhiteWashMan wwman.gif -v- Curly Dav curlydav.gif
    heeheehee

I must get to NetHouse one of these nights...

I play Quake 2 under an assumed identity (untill I'm in some way alright and don't get raped) on the servers. Maybe someday I'll reveal my true identity (says Kharn Kent).

Untill then, I play for...
    TRUTH, JUSTICE AND THE AMERICAN WAY!!!
    (yeah right).

All the best,

Dav
    curlydav.gif
    homepage.tinet.ie/~davitt

[This message has been edited by Kharn (edited 11-05-99).]

[This message has been edited by Kharn (edited 11-05-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

goto bed dav!

LOL! Omg, a grown woman....seeks to keel young boy? I don't understand, Adra, I did in no way mean to attack you in that log, it was for pure classic comedy and nothing else. If you want to make it personal, please do...but you have just made a public threat towards me and my friends have all seen what you posted. Please don't hurt me!

Advertisement