Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VCD playing problem

• 06-09-2003 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭

I recently burnd a DVD movie (Ocean's 11) to VCD and when I put it in my DVD player (expensive Sony model) it said that there was no disc in the drive but when i put in RW it worked no problem, any suggestion??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Yeah same here. I got a really good Sony aswell, and it wont play CD-R's only CD-RW, should be interesting once the DVD burner comes soon to try and find out which type it likes.

In relation to your question search the web but it will probably just tell you that your model only plays CD-RW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I don't think there is anything you can do. I found myself in the exact same situation. As most pirate CD's (be they music or video) are usually on CD-R's, most of the DVD player manufacturers disabled CD-R playback as a simple attempt to slow piracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Yes but isn't every DVD/Hi-FI/CD-player supposed to be able to play CD-R, if they can't wat use are CD-R's really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I've noticed that some of the less known and cheaper models are much better with the range of formats they support. Whats the process for burning "your home movies" onto a CDRW for VCD or SVCD playback on a DVD player? I haven't got one yet but when I do I hope to able to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Cheaper models of what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

It's definatly the CD-R disc you used.

I was trying to burn my Band of brother's collection onto VCD and literally tried 50 (about 7 or 8 different brands - using different settings each time) cd's. I used one of my brother's cd's and it worked.

So I went to Limerick to get the exact same brand cd's and got 100 of them. Went home, burned the cd and guess what... It didn't work. It was the exact same cd, just a slightly older one.

Only thing different in it was the way the serial number was printed.

Get a few single, good quality cd-r's and test them out.

CD-RW's work well with vcd's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by Gangsta
    Cheaper models of what?

sorry, DVD players...

Advertisement