Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quest reg PIO mode

• 06-09-2003 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

My current transfer mode on my HD is PIO(Primary ide channel)is this very slow compared to other modes.I am running Xp and am not sure it it is my HD or just a driver clich that has it in PIO mode

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

can you not change it to "Dma if Avaliable" ? if you want you can try and get new ide controller drivers for your mobo. go to the manufactuer of your mainboard website, and look for new drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Hi BoB_BoT
    IT does have that option enabled but I thought I read here some where Xp doing strange things to the Ide channel.I will take the drive out and check it on the Maxtor site as it is not that old and I thought it would do DMA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

humm interesting. well make sure the dma option is selected. I don't use xp so i don't know about that problem :P take a lookie at the stickys at the top of the page, i remember seeing something about reg "hacks" for xp reguarding tweaking it to fix problems. failing that, update windows. I take a look around and see what i can come up with if that doesn't work.

Advertisement