Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

your opinion/feedback please...

Options
  • 06-09-2003 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if you'd have a look at the website below and throw up any comments you might have on it. Just looking for some general feedback.

http://www.dublincityonice.ie

Thanks in advance...

Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I'd put more colour in the banner graphics and here and there though the page. Nothing major just a drop of coulur here and there. Looks a tad flat with all the blue. Also the italic text in the main body doesn't look right too me. I'd do that just in bold. I'd put a tiny shadow under the buttons and the photos. Would lift the page a bit.

Otherwise it looks fine. I'm not saying its my kinda design, but it looks good. Just needs a bit of tweaking here and there.

yeah I was just gonna sya about the italics. There's too much of it together if ya know what I mean. Maybe vary the lines in the main body from regular/bold/italic.

Also some of the colours dont match and where the banners "fade" into the webpage you can clearly see the different shades of blue.

Also agree with the shadows idea for the buttons but otherwise its grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Your snow effect does not work in NS7.1 - though it doesn't throw any annoying errors either.

I'd make the logo on the top-left a link back to the main page, as my reflex was to click on it.

Overall I like the site, but maybe there's a little too much white... Maybe you could break it up on the pages with pricing etc, as the white makes it a little hard to read

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

I think its pretty cool - pardon the pun.

cant really give out about much. I like it!

Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭dynamic.ie

Cheers everyone. I appreciate the feedback. Just in response:

More Colour: Have a marketing identity to adhere to as offline marketing is in same format - you probably saw some in RTE guide, etc. Can't stray to much so that's that out!

Bold instead of Italic: This was the initial approach but needed living up and this is what was signed off.

Shadow on Buttons: Nice idea, will take into account next time, Client is happy now so... what's a designer to do?

Fading: Flash designer is looking into that.

Snow Effect: Happy to have it work in IE only. Don't think it will stay there too long. Flash animation in top corner of snow falling will do for all browsers.

Home Link: Yep, meant to do that.

Thanks for all the feedback lads. Greatly appreciate it.

Will return the favour anytime, if ya ever want it.

Regards,

Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Do the rollover effects on the link buttons preload?

seemed to take a while to change for me (broadband connection), at home on a 56k, I'm pretty sure i'd have clicked before the colour changed. Cosmetic, but maybe you are a perfectionist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

It's fine, but it nothing close to how great it could have been.

I mean, that site opens a whole load of possibilities, you could've gone all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

any examples p ?

Advertisement