Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever bought a faulty album?

Options
  • 06-09-2003 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

I bought a cd in the city yesterday. It seems to be playing ok until the last few tracks on the cd. I would use a cd wipe but the cd may be faulty.

I think I will bring it back to the shop?

Has this ever happened anyone?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

How old is your cd player?
    tried playing the cd in someone else's player?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

could be copy protection... not playing it on a pc by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

It does happen I remember when I bought a copy of dolittle by the pixies it was fine until I got to hey when it started jumping and skiping brought it back and got it exchanged altough as mentioned it could be copyright protection as cd's with this dont work on all cd players evil b&tards.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

I got a faulty DVD once (Forest GUMP), would play each chapter up to a certain point, and skip back 4 chapters. This would happen during each chapter. Quite annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I tried it on my cd player and then a PC. I'll try on another player.

I won't use cd wipes as record store could crib.

Thanks for your advice.

Much Appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i had a Scooter cd in my possession many moons ago and it sounded faulty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

For some reason the CD of Get Rich or Die Tryin(50 Cent)I have doesnt seem to play as well in my discman as on my stereo. The sound on my stereo is fine but sometimes on the discman it can sound a bit like a radio that isnt fully tuned into the station your listening to. Strange

And on a slightly related note Dr Dres 2001(its a copy BTW-I deserve it you may think:D )works very ackwardly(sp) on my stereo but fine on my discman. On the stereo when you switch between tracks it starts this sound as if its searching for the track but unless you have had the CD on for a few minutes it cant get into the swing of things. Anyone have a solution?

BTW my 50 Cent CD is legit in case you wondered.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

That could be because you have faulty headfones for your diskman? the jack could be dodgy on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I've had a few bad discs. The last one was the Beach Boys Greatest hits (hey, I'm not going to defend it). There was glue from the pressing running on top of the last track. It was only Kokomo so if anything it was a blessing but I exchanged it anyway.

Got a faulty DVD from DVDSoon lately (Kind Hearts and Coronets R1). Same pressing problem so it skips a few of the murders. I've put in for an RMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I won't use cd wipes as record store could crib.

i doubt it - record stores get loads of CDs returned to them and rarely quibble.

• Advertisement
Advertisement