Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsmart - Constantly engaged?

Options
  • 06-09-2003 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

Anybody finding that Netsmart is constantly engaged? Trying to connect on a saturday night and the line is constantly busy. Anybody else having similar experiences?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

since i got Netsmart in July i have only had 1 engaged tone and that was about the 2nd week of August. connects every time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Well this PC gets an error 676 the line is busy each time it dials. I have an alternative connection to IOL installed and it dials through every time.

Any idea what the problem is? CLI is on the line and the line is not ex drectory - in any case when I put 142 before the Netsmart number there is no diffence.

Well Netsmart finally shared with me the reason why I can't connect or will never be able to connect!

If you use IFA Telecom for your phone calls you can't use Netsmart on the same subscriber line. This is due to some conflict issues internally with Esat.

Unfortunately, Netsmart don't have this information on their web site and I don't know if it applies to any other users of small telecoms company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Ring Pat Naughton at the farmers journal about this.

"Farmers Cannot Get Cheap Internet" is a good story IMO.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    since i got Netsmart in July i have only had 1 engaged tone and that was about the 2nd week of August. connects every time

i must have been asleep when i posted that. i'm on IOL Anytime now :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

It appears that you if you have pre-selected another carrier (CPS) for your calls you can not use flat rate services provided by UTV or ESAT BT (I assume the same is for Eircom).

As for the farmers, IFA Telecom inform me that they are launching their own flat rate service in the next few weeks that "will be very competitive".

I think that it is time that both UTV and ESAT BT started putting this info into their sales blurb. Their services are not accessable to those who have already selected another carrier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by BrianD

I think that it is time that both UTV and ESAT BT started putting this info into their sales blurb. Their services are not accessable to those who have already selected another carrier!

Tell everyone in the IoffL forum then.

Only once CPS can run at a time. As IFA Teelcom runs over ESAT there should be no issue as the CPS selects the same carrrier AFAIR......unless IFA Telecom has a different indirect access code I know not about ?

If selecting a cheap telco for voice calls prevents the easy selection of cheap internet options then that is an issue worth telling people about . How are the farmers doing with them winback fellas?

M

Advertisement