Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error on resizing partition with Partition Magic 8.0..

Options
  • 07-09-2003 5:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

My pc has one partition - and i want to resize the partition - leaving 10gigs unallocated - with a view to using it for redhat.

Current operating system is windows xp with SP1. Using Partition Magic 8.0, i resized the partition as required but on reboot, led to the following ....Error # 1518 "File
    Attribute Does Not Fit."

It wouldnt boot to xp until i booted up to the recovery console using the xp cd - entered chkdsk /p /r .
    I started the process again with the same result...should have a copy of acronis partition expert by tomorrow and will try to resize it using this. However, im curious as to why i got this error...couldnt find a definite explaination on google.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Acronis partition expert did the trick...so dont know what was up with partition magic..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Before you do it...

Clean off any junk (temp folder etc) so there is less files to move or get confused between
    Defrag the HDD - this is so important

Backup your data - or at least make recvery disks

Advertisement