Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HardCano 9 HELP

• 07-09-2003 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi

I just bought a Xaser III case on Thursday I just finished setting it up. But I have one little problem getting the fan controller’s to work. They don’t seem to raze the fan speed at all.
    I have been looking around the net to see if I could find a fix but no luck.

Maybe u can HELP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

just out of interest how have you got 2 differant types of RAM working together? thought it always had to be the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

The 3200 probably downclocked to 2100 or whatever his 2nd lower specced ram is...so theres no real point puttin in that 512 it just slows the good ram...

Also if u want to sell it ill buy it off you the 2100 :)

dat halfs the speed of your 3200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 GreenDemon

It just temporary until I get enough money to buy another stick 3200 Memory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by GreenDemon
    Hi

I just bought a Xaser III case on Thursday I just finished setting it up. But I have one little problem getting the fan controller’s to work. They don’t seem to raze the fan speed at all.
    I have been looking around the net to see if I could find a fix but no luck.

I just got a Xaser III case there last thursday too. The HardCANO is fairly straight forward to connect.

The LCD/thermostat requires a power-point, as do two (appropriately lablled) cables (from the 6 dangling down into the case - Fan 1-4 + 2 "PSU"). Hook up the two PSU marked cables to a power point each. Then how you set up the fans is at your own discretion.

I have the extraction fans (two at rear of case + blow-hole) daisy chained and connected to "FAN 1" although "FAN 4" will doo too.

I have the intake fans (two side fans + two at front) daisy chained and connected to "FAN 2" although "FAN 3" will do.

The reason behind the fan connections is that if you have more than 3 fans daisy chained, you will need to connect to either FAN 2 or 3, since FAN 1 & 4 are .35 amp each. Each stock-fan supplied with the case is .10 amp

I can hear the fan's doing their thing depending on how I set them.

I also have the thermometre (little green thing on a length of black cable) hanging down inside the case so it can get a better idea of internal case temperatures.

Hope that made any sense?

Originally posted by Lemming
    I just got a Xaser III case there last thursday too. The HardCANO is fairly straight forward to connect.

The LCD/thermostat requires a power-point, as do two (appropriately lablled) cables (from the 6 dangling down into the case - Fan 1-4 + 2 "PSU"). Hook up the two PSU marked cables to a power point each. Then how you set up the fans is at your own discretion.

I have the extraction fans (two at rear of case + blow-hole) daisy chained and connected to "FAN 1" although "FAN 4" will doo too.

I have the intake fans (two side fans + two at front) daisy chained and connected to "FAN 2" although "FAN 3" will do.

The reason behind the fan connections is that if you have more than 3 fans daisy chained, you will need to connect to either FAN 2 or 3, since FAN 1 & 4 are .35 amp each. Each stock-fan supplied with the case is .10 amp

I can hear the fan's doing their thing depending on how I set them.

I also have the thermometre (little green thing on a length of black cable) hanging down inside the case so it can get a better idea of internal case temperatures.

Hope that made any sense?

I had no problem setting it up .Its was just that when I was razing the fan speed I did not notes an increase in the fann speed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by GreenDemon
    I had no problem setting it up .Its was just that when I was razing the fan speed I did not notes an increase in the fann speed

I didn't notice fan speeds until I cranked the controls up to max and then I heard a noticable increase in noise. Then again, the stock fans are quiet-running ones (afaik), so you're not going to hear much (thankfully) until you go from quiet to maximum or something to that effect :)

Originally posted by Lemming
    I didn't notice fan speeds until I cranked the controls up to max and then I heard a noticable increase in noise. Then again, the stock fans are quiet-running ones (afaik), so you're not going to hear much (thankfully) until you go from quiet to maximum or something to that effect :)

Ya I didn’t notice it myself until I but my ear right up next to the case and but the fans up to max. I was expected the fans to be a lot noisier and but more powerful

Advertisement