Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GBA SP + Pokemon Ruby or 3 xbox games?

Options
  • 07-09-2003 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Hm im having an arguement with myself (no im not skittzo, yes i am, no im not) Anyway cant decide what to get a GBA SP and one of the new pokemon games loved the old ones or 3 new xbox games?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Well what are the xbox game's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

just got pokemon ruby myself, insanely addictive game:(
    it all depends on how much you value your eyesight & can imagine yourself playing a gba...
    (i guess the sp wouldn't be as rough on the eyes tho)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Games would be Conflict Desert Storm2, Soul calibur 2 and Sum other game i have always wanted to pick up a GBA SP tho they look pretty decent and im a frequent flyer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Personally in that case i'd go for the gba cause of the constant travel, unless something else to entertain you, it would be much more exciting with the gba and pokemon, no?

Or for free you could jump around the plane saying im osamas twin and im gona fly this plane into Empire state building, but the downside is ud probably get shot :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

aye, i'd definitely go for the gba sp...
    you're guarenteed to look up from the screen on arrival & think "wtf, we've arrived alredy???"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Firstly, if you're thinking of buying a GBA SP, don't buy them here; you can get them from United States for €50 cheaper. You are probably aware that theres no region lockout, although you will need a US-to-UK plug adapter to charge your machine.

On the desicion, just ask yourself why you need/want a new console, as you could be building up your Xbox library. Which Xbox games do you own? Are you in need of new titles?

True best to get one in the states. I have Halo, Splintercell, Brute Force, Midtownmadness 3, Unreal Champ, Wolfenstien, MGS2: sub, and project gotham racing :). Or i may just save up to get a new phone maybe a Nokia 7250i

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Get the GBA...or a prostitute... ur choice :D

interesting i want to get the GBA and ruby but another part of me wants the phone. wont be going back to States til november and i gotta spend this money now otherwise ill go crazy, ive had i for a whole 2 days now, anyone know where i can get a GBA SP and Ruby for cheap?

• Advertisement

OK, now after looking at the games you currently own, I would go with the GBA SP and Pokemon Ruby (maybe throw in Soul Calibur II or Knights of the Old Republic for good measure) as you have a good Xbox library.

Heres what your looking for ($135 = €121), but you may want to shop around as their shipping is quite pricey. Maybe someone here knows of a better alternative.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Play.com have em for 130 euro or so last i checked and the delivery is free...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

f®eak_s©enery, Prae has been looking for a US to Euro connector for his GBA for a while now. Do you know where to get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Get the GBA. dont be givin money to micro$oft anyways, pokemon rocks and i reckon u should get mario kart with it aswell. I could get the gba + pokemon for €161 cos of where I work...

f®eak_s©enery, Prae has been looking for a US to Euro connector for his GBA for a while now. Do you know where to get them?
    If I understand you correctly (and thats that Prae is looking for a GBA SP adapter for a UK plug socket), then GAME are making their own adapters for a late September/October release. They should be less than €10.

Advertisement