Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best dialup isp

• 07-09-2003 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Im sure this has been posted planty of times before, but isp is too small a word to use in the search box. Im with Oceanfree now and until I started playing CS again, I was happy. Im getting high pings (300 being the lowest) and if I play CS or TFC (haven't tried any other games. I disconnect after about half an hour.

So, what is the best ISP for gaming and general net browsing?
    I'm open to try the fixed rate ones too, if they're any better.

Cheers ;)

Oh, and Admins, you should probably change that minimum of 4 letters thin in the search box rule.:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

personally i like esat. always connect on first try, very rarely connect below 4.8kbps, pings are fine, considering i've got a crappy modem (cost €13 hehe). I'll never touch eircom again, always connected well below 4kbps on their service. twas and tis sh1te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

well in the north its freeserve by a long way there the only isp that actually have no limit for just £15 a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

esat and utvip offer monthly packages of "insert how many hours" for "price for how many hours". check out both sites. best deals in ireland for dial up atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

im with iol no limits at the moment. they seem farely alright. decent connnections and download speeds etc. get a good few alright pings on cs/sof2/bf1942 and a good few others. plus its free all day on weekends, between 6pm and 8am weekdays and free all day on bank holidays aswell. not sure what the exact price per month is..something like €35.00

Advertisement