Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renew Driving Licence in 1 day?

Options
  • 07-09-2003 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Doe sanyone know if I can renew my driving licence on the spot by bringing it into the driving licence office in Chancery St, or do they just take the application and send it out when they have processed it?
    I just realised mine is a few months out of date and I need it on Tuesday for a Track day in the UK.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

AFAIK they always hold on to the licence and post it out the next day or so.

However, if you explain your situation to them, they may be able to do it same-day.

Silvera.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I got the Car Taxed in Clondalkin and my Provisional renewed in Nutgrove AND passed the test...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I think a Prov is a different case. No offense but your cat could probably get one of those. Last time they gave me a slip/letter in reciept so I could drive and sent it to me the post about a week later. But they seem to be sound enough. Get in there as early as possible (in person) and explain the situation is your best hope of getting it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

Thanks - I'll try to get in there in the morning and see if they can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

Went in this morning and applied to renew licence - was told I needed to provide proof that I was travelling the next day, brought in my flight tickets this afternoon and collected my licence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Thats pretty cool. Great that they could help you out.

Advertisement