Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Sig.

Options
  • 07-09-2003 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

This may seem like a silly question, and may even be in the wrong place, but I was just wondering, how do you make up those custom sigs, that so many people have, the one's with the big pics. They look pretty cool, wouldn't mind trying to make me own one, just want to know, what program do you use, or what do you have to use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

you get the image by A) making it yourself or B) nick it off of a site :) then photoshop it to the way you want it i.e. "insert name here"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

So what, just cut and paste images together till you have what you want then in photoshop or similiar?

more or less, i'm crap with photoshop so i can't make cool sigs :( hehe. i think somepeople got others that are good with it to make it for them or just spent a couple of hours making it themselves. photoshop is really advanced, it has lots of features to make/alter pics/sigs

Grand, Thanks Bob!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

for mine, I just grabed a screenshot from a jpop music vid, and then brought it into the gimp. Set up 2 layers, both with alpha channels, one layer with a blank transparent background, and the other my pic, where I drew my shape and added text. Then just erased the shape to background transparency and saved it as a png on low compression.

• Advertisement

What software did you use for grabbing screencaps?

By the way, Ayumi Hamasaki! HAWTE!!

Originally posted by TheSonOfBattles
    What software did you use for grabbing screencaps?

By the way, Ayumi Hamasaki! HAWTE!!

print screen :) it's that button on the top right of your keyboard, just above the insert key :) when you've taken a screen capture, copy and paste into whatever image editing program you're using

she is indeed :), music is good too

Yea, I know bout that button, but it's not terribly accurate if your tryin to grab one particular bit is it. Kinda sucks, rewinding and fastforwarding for half an hour till you get it right. Any particular software that's good for it?

She makes music?

When did this happen?

Why wasn't I informed?

Nah, never heard it, but must listen out for it sometime. Kinda like jpop meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

I made mine with photoshop :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Paint Shop Pro and a bit of creativity.

moving this to Newbie FAQ.

• Advertisement

Thanks Mr. Mod. I suppose it does belong more here. And now that I know what to do, let's see what I can do.

Cue baited breath!!!!!

[Tumbleweed blows across the forum as no one watches]

Pretty much nothing at the mo since i'm at work.

ww) ww) ww)

Advertisement