Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travis - 12 Memories

Options
  • 07-09-2003 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭

I want to prequalify this review by saying that I'm a big Travis fan - I have all their albums, all B sides and a few bootlegs. "Good Feeling" and "The Man Who" are both brilliant albums, and "The Invisible Band" is definitely above average.

Just been listening to Travis's new album (12 Memories), and I think the boys are definitely on the slippery slope.....

There are one or two catchy songs - "Re-offender" (the current single) is pretty good, "How Many Hearts" is probably a future single, "Love will Come Through", "Somewhere Else", "Happy To Hang Around" are good...

.... but the rest is pretty mediocre, I think.

A handful of good songs are not enough to pull the album from mediocrity, and even the good tracks are nothing compared to 'Driftwood', 'Writing to Reach You', 'Coming Around' etc.

Will Fran, Dougie, Andy and Neil be around for much longer?

Maybe after a couple of listens, I'll change my mind, but "12 Memories" hasn't made a good first impression.

- Dave.

Advertisement