Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo

• 07-09-2003 7:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

OK,

You have a girlfriend/boyfriend.
    You've been going out for 2 years.
    First proper relationship for both concerned.
    Said boyfriend/girlfriend has picture in house of Debs ball, or themselves and 'date'.
    The said 'date' is not a friend, just person in year who happened to ask your girlfriend/boyfriend to the event.
    Your boyfriend/girlfriend doesn't speak to the person, isn't friends with the person, and the person is a minger.
    They had a quick kiss that night, and the thought of your boyfriend/girlfriend with this other person is a bit rank, but no big issue.
    This picture is in a star position in the house. It is infact the only photo of the boyfriend/girlfriend.

Two questions:
    Why is it there? (the 'date' wasn't even a friend)
    Do you think it should be there?

Or should the question be, who gives a fu[k?

Should the Photo be replaced ? 6 votes

Yes, fu[king for sure it should.
    0% 0 votes
    No, it was an important night.
    100% 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

sounds like a jealous boyfriend to me. Debs seems to be a big thing for girls, so its no surprise that its hanging up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Maybe her parents are proud of there daughter. cop the fffuuuccccckkkkk on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Maybe parents of said girlfriend/boyfriend are hoping she/he will dump poster/you for lad/lass who accompanied her/him to debs?

..... or maybe you should just stop using so many x/y nouns as nobody will be bothered reading what you're trying to say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Jesus Christ, and I thought I was possessive...
    You're worried about a photo of someone your gf/bf snogged once over two years ago?
    Typical male insecurity/jealousy (it's obvious enough from your post that you're male) - I really wouldn't mention this to your bf/gf if you don't want to p1ss them off.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I would have to agree with sico's subtle way of putting things

And you need a poll?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Oh dear.. maybe its there because she looked nice? Most pointless thread ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

You're an ass.

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

if it's the first relationship you both hv it's prob really special to you both an you soo each other as beyond exclusive. as your r'ship goes on you'll see that you have to live some parts of your lives seperately an that if she took down the pic it would actually loook more like you should be worried because she would have something to hide, why the hell would she take down a debs picture. acept that she had a life before she met you and that she still does have one too, you're just part of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

someone voted yes, was that the thread starter, jst wonderin? an wht the hell ya wanna replace it wit, jst 1 of you and her and it can hang there as a constant reminder of your insecurity. an even if there was a reason to be jelous you can't ask her to "replace" her past

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

ah some-one seems jealous.

Just get over it will you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Don't understand why your jealous at all!!

If she wants a picture of her Debs up on the wall, then why shouldn't she?? She can have any picture she wants put up on the wall :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 greystreeks

If you both go out at the weekend! Who does she go home with???

If it is you what are you worring about!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

Originally posted by smiles
    You're an ass.

<< Fio >>

I'll second that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

I still have a photo of my ex beside the bed. Sometimes it resides on the floor under the bookshelf, sometimes behind the hi-fi, sometimes I dont know where.

There are no ties to my ex at all. Get over it.

K-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I think you should break up immediately - your boyfriend-girlfriend hermaphrodite thingy is obviously off cheating with someone's partner on a Greek island somewhere.

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Trojan
    I think you should break up immediately - your boyfriend-girlfriend hermaphrodite thingy is obviously off cheating with someone's partner on a Greek island somewhere.

What?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Personally, I’d object to such a photograph on the basis that it would be rather pedestrian and vulgar to display prominently.

In your case, I suggest you get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm dismayed.

Horrific.

The fact that so many of you can use your powers of reason to decipher from my rather tepid post such mostrous conclusions and bias is beyond me.

My point again:
    The only photo in the the house of the girl (you're right - I AM a lad) is one from the debs with a generic individual (the point she gave him a kiss is no big issue, believe me). He is a nobody, wasn't even a friend. So amongst photos of family members and all the rest lies an image of some random person. I merely though that a photo of the girl by herself would be alot more palatable (I'd hate very much if there was one of me with her).

I, of course, respect the importance of the 'event', but I just PERSONALLY would prefer if there was a nice pretty photo of her rather than a somewhat banal one of her looking scared beside a lad who just happened to randomly ask her to her debs.

And it wasn't a big deal, she's read this post as soon as was posted, and she 'won' this battle! We haven't argued or battled over it, I just thought it was a bit odd that such a photo would have pride of place (and she agrees but is too lazy to find another one) and I thought I'd test public opinion by posting this.

So string me up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ok, here's what you do...

Treat your lovely girlfriend to a pampering in some girlie pampering 'salon' and then pay a professional photographer to take some very nice pictures of her (and some sexy ones too). Then buy a nice frame and stick the best piccy in the frame and give it to her. (And keep the sexy ones for you)

Ok? Go on then, hurry up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by BoooooRadley
    I'm dismayed.

Horrific.

The fact that so many of you can use your powers of reason to decipher from my rather tepid post such mostrous conclusions and bias is beyond me.

what you mean to say is, 'i thank you all for your input, but because it wasnt what i expected, i think i will ignore your opinions'

My point again:
    The only photo in the the house of the girl (you're right - I AM a lad) is one from the debs with a generic individual (the point she gave him a kiss is no big issue, believe me). He is a nobody, wasn't even a friend. So amongst photos of family members and all the rest lies an image of some random person. I merely though that a photo of the girl by herself would be alot more palatable (I'd hate very much if there was one of me with her).

that is your problem than isnt it. if you prefer pictures of only one person, and not couples, or groups, then it seems to be your hang up, and not anyone elses.
    in a case like this, i suggest you look at the factors involved,and deduce that in fact you are the only one with a problem, therefore, its quiet likely that it is indeed, a problem of your own making.
    do you think im making sense here?

I, of course, respect the importance of the 'event', but I just PERSONALLY would prefer if there was a nice pretty photo of her rather than a somewhat banal one of her looking scared beside a lad who just happened to randomly ask her to her debs.

you respect the event, but obviously no one elses opinion or preference.

if you PERSONALLY would prefer a picture of her on her own, why dont you take one, put it in a frame and give it to her as a present?

by the way, you seem to be constantly making disparaging remarks about this chap who took her to the debs. i would even go so far as to say that you appear to go out of your way to ensure that people think you are not worried about it.
    ever read hamlet?
    'methinks the lady doth protest too much' as hamlet said to his mother, queen gertrude.
    And it wasn't a big deal, she's read this post as soon as was posted, and she 'won' this battle! We haven't argued or battled over it, I just thought it was a bit odd that such a photo would have pride of place (and she agrees but is too lazy to find another one) and I thought I'd test public opinion by posting this.

So string me up.

you thought it was odd enough to go to the internet? what did you hope to achieve? some sort of vindicating answer that you could bring to your missus? i would suggest also that if she is too lazy to find the photo a 'better' place (ie, not so prominiant, and perhaps with the fella cut out, for your enjoyment only) then she is probably of the same opinion of most people here that its a picture of a past event and it has nothing to do with you. do you want to pretend it didnt happen?
    you know, i bet shes had sex with other blokes too! crikey! imagine that. in fact, i bet you probably are now.

so listen, do us a favour and get off the soapbox.

I thought I'd test public opinion by posting this.

So string me up.

you asked a question to the public. the public have answered and everyone thinks youre a horses arse.

so string them up......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by The Corinthian
    Personally, I’d object to such a photograph on the basis that it would be rather pedestrian and vulgar to display prominently.

In your case, I suggest you get over it.

Yes its so 18 months ago, like omg. :rolleyes:

WWM: i have to say i didnt bother readign that point yawn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

WhiteWashMan : I'm amazed at the clarity and certainty of your convictions for something you've so little information about. I never expected such meagre information to warrant such a tirade of 'advice'.

I'm afraid the lack of me having a big issue/hangup seems to offend you.

The point I was trying to make, however poorly I managed to convey said point, is that I found it remarkable that the one photo of the girl in the house, is NOT a photo of her and an ex, is NOT a photo of her by herself looking nice, is NOT a photo of her and any number of excellent friends of hers, is NOT a photo of her and family members, but instead is a photo of her and someone who hasn't had an impact or input in her life.

I merely was trying to find out if people found it odd that this is the case.

Jalousy, my own personal limitations, dislike/distain for the individual etc.etc. are not the things I was trying to convey (perhaps I did, if so I apologise).

And as for my disposal for the opinion of the masses, I haven't.
    I admit that with certain matters I of course don't have the appropriate response, but overall I'm a REASONABLY well-balanced mature person, and certainly not the jealous fool certain responses would try and paint me.

But I suppose such are the limitations of the medium. You can only draw conclusions from what's written in front of you.

So instead of the posters continuing to dismiss me as a jealous manipulative sh1te of a boyfriend would someone please try to see my point.

Nonetheless it is difficult for people to backtrack. So I digress. Or quit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Originally posted by Gordon
    Ok, here's what you do...

Treat your lovely girlfriend to a pampering in some girlie pampering 'salon' and then pay a professional photographer to take some very nice pictures of her (and some sexy ones too). Then buy a nice frame and stick the best piccy in the frame and give it to her. (And keep the sexy ones for you)

Ok? Go on then, hurry up.

I like your thinkin'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Booo Radley I think WWM may be trying to say that he "sees your point" but he disagrees with it. Do you see his point? It is extremely annoying to have someone come on PI with a post like this and instead of having the back and forth learning and unlearning - the original poster tries to get everyone to agree with their point of view.

I object to your stonewall Boo Radley hence there is no point in keeping this thread open as it was originally used to prove you were right to your girlfriend. I am doubting you even like your girlfriend as much as you say you do, you seem quite insecure in your relationship. Is there any point in keeping this open Boo?

/me slaps Boston with a cup of coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by Boston
    Yes its so 18 months ago, like omg. :rolleyes:
    Hmmm... Not exactly. I'd explain, but it would be pointless.

BoooooRadley: Buy her a voucher for a professional photographer. You might want to get her drunk an take a few artistic photos yourself, but if so I recommend you take them down whenever her parents visit - Boy, was that an awkward Christmas...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

ok ladies and gents
    me thinks this thread has gone as far as it's going to.
    I believe your question has been answered Boo

so, I'll be closing it just as soon as I work out how to do that....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement