Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's new with Iraqi oil?

Options
  • 07-09-2003 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭

Before the war many people said that it was all about oil. Well now Saddam is out and USA has control (more or less), so what's happening with Iraqi oil? I haven't heard anything about it in ages (just some refinary or pipeline being hit).

Is America pumping the oil?
    Who's getting the oil?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Originally posted by Syth
    Before the war many people said that it was all about oil. Well now Saddam is out and USA has control (more or less), so what's happening with Iraqi oil? I haven't heard anything about it in ages (just some refinary or pipeline being hit).

Is America pumping the oil?
    Who's getting the oil?

Yes, it's being pumped. The various arab states aren't getting it anymore because the pipelines have been attacked (except for Kuwait's I think). Israel's pipeline is still intact, and I seem to recall reading that Turkey's was destroyed a few weeks ago. And tankers started shipping oil out of Iraq a month or so ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Has any (american/western) oil company been 'given' the oil to pump and make money off? Who gets the money that is made from selling the oil?

Advertisement