Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gta: vc question

Options
  • 07-09-2003 8:53pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

i was just wondering if anyone can help me out, Im playing vice city, on pc (but i doubt the ps2 version is any different), and i bought the cherry popper ice cream place.

Now it doesnt seem to have any missions like the other properties, just a van you get in and sell drugs (like its a taxi mission).

So does the cherry popper generate money at any time like kaufman kabs does when you complete its missions. do i have to make a certain amount in drug sales for this to happen, or is the only money you make in the van??

Thanks,
    Flogen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

im not 100% sure, because i havnt played that mission in ages, but you must have to deliver a certain ammount of drugs and then the factory generates money for you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

alrightey then, thanks

Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

do 50 "ice cream" sales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

afaik you have to get 50 sales. I think the count resets if you stop the mission or get busted. It won't tell you when you've finished, but when you get out you'll get the 'mission complete'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

you have to do 50 missions in a row, the best place to do it is on the beach on the east island...
    sell 4 ice creams & you'll get a wanted star, start driving around as soon as you get the wanted star & it should dissapear after about 20 seconds, then just park up & sell 4 more ice creams, repeat until the counter reaches 50 sales & then get out of the van to end the mission.
    (tap the horn button to turn the jingle on & off)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

You have to GET OUT of the ice-cream van before the mission will end. That f*cked me up a lot...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

thanks for all youre help,
    i must say, i love the game, but this seems to have been a last minute kinda thing, like they just shoved it in there and didnt bother putting any content into it!

Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

I don't think you have to get 50 in a row, just in total. Same as the 100 taxi missions, you can do them over time and not all at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭TheWolf

No, it's AFAIK it has to be done in one go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by TheWolf
    No, it's AFAIK it has to be done in one go
    yep, i failed the mission the first 2 times i tried it (i got bored & started doing donuts... busted:rolleyes: )
    i had a total of 87 sales but the asset didn't register.
    it worked after i finally managed 50 in a row (and i completed it first go on my second & third times playing the game)

• Advertisement

Well I'm fairly sure I didn't do 50 in a row. You guys playing on PC or PS2? I'm on PS2, although maybe my memory is getting flakey, but I'm fairly sure I didn't do 50 in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

yuppers... you gotta do 50 in a row on the PS2 version as well ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well my brothers PS2 GTA:VC Official Strategy guide says you need to get 50 sales in one go.

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahha
    Oh, hang on, excuse me for a minute.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    ROFLMAO
    Official Strategy guides.
    hahahahahahahahahaha
    You really have to laugh at people who buy games and then buy these guides for them. What a total waste of money, and where is the fun in reading it all from a book.
    If you are really stuck at a certain point in a game www.gamefaqs.com will sort you out.

And okay, yeah I stand/sit corrected you need to get 50 in a row. I certainly dont' recall doing this on my own game though, even though I did do it, must be <rhymingSlang>oldTimers Disease</rhymingSlang>

Advertisement