Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a great Business Opportunity?

• 07-09-2003 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hello people,

I'm Marc, from Belgium.
    I just got into this great business. And, now I'm looking for English people to help me bring this to a success for me. And those who help me, will be able to make some money too. Let's even say, a virtually unlimited amount of money.
    I'm not really into computers, so I don't know if this is the right way for me to reach out to people. But, I found this forum. It looked good, and I was convinced that I'd be able to receive some reactions.
    So, I'll see...

Regards,

Marc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Let's even say, a virtually unlimited amount of money.

heh, pure class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Hi Marc!

Welcome to England (don't worry about the .IE), we just thought it was cool.

Anyways, I love working with you French (j'adore les femmes francaises). I've got quite a bit of cash saved up from a part time job.

So let me know more!

Merci,
    Al.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

DEAR DEAR <%LOOPINSERT{MARC FROM BELGIUM}%>,

COMPLIMENTS OF THE SEASON. GRACE AND PEACE AND LOVE FROM THIS PART OF THE ATLANTIC TO YOU. I HOPE MY LETTER DOES NOT CAUSE YOU TOO MUCH EMBARRASSMENT AS I WRITE TO YOU IN GOOD FAITH BASED ON THE CONTACT ADDRESS GIVEN TO ME BY A FRIEND WHO WORKS AT THE NIGERIAN EMBASSYIN YOUR COUNTRY. PLEASE EXCUSE MY INTRUSION INTO YOUR PRIVATE LIFE.

I AM BARRISTER AKINI ABBEY , I REPRESENT MOHAMMED ABACHA, SON OF THE LATE GEN. SANI ABACHA, WHO WAS THE FORMER MILITARY HEAD OF STATE IN NIGERIA. HE DIED IN 1998. SINCE HIS DEATH, THE FAMILY HAS BEEN LOSING A LOT OF MONEY DUE TO VINDICTIVE GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS WHO ARE BENT ON DEALING WITH THE FAMILY. BASED ON THIS THEREFORE, THE FAMILY HAS ASKED ME TO SEEK FOR A FOREIGN PARTNER WHO CAN WORK WITH US AS TO MOVE OUT THE TOTAL SUM OF US$75,000,000.00 ( SEVENTY FIVE MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS ), PRESENTLY IN THEIR POSSESSION. THIS MONEY WAS OF COURSE, ACQUIRED BY THE LATE PRESIDENT AND IS NOW KEPT SECRETLY BY THE FAMILY. THE SWISS GOVERNMENT HAS ALREADY FROZEN ALL THE ACCOUNTS OF THE FAMILY IN SWITZERLAND, AND SOME OTHER COUNTRIES WOULD SOON FOLLOW TO DO THE SAME. THIS BID BY SOME GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS TO DEAL WITH THIS FAMILYHAS MADE IT NECESSARY THAT WE SEEK YOUR ASSISITANCE IN RECEIVING THIS MONEY AND IN INVESTING IT ON BEHALF OF THE FAMILY.

THIS MUST BE A JOINT VENTURE TRANSACTION AND WE MUST ALL WORK TOGETHER. SINCE THIS MONEY IS STILL CASH, EXTRA SECURITY MEASURES HAVE BEEN TAKEN TO PROTECT IT FROM THEFT OR SEIZURE, PENDING WHEN AGREEMENT IS REACHED ON WHEN AND HOW TO MOVE IT INTO ANY OF YOUR NOMINATED BANK ACCOUNTS. I HAVE PERSONALLY WORKED OUT ALL MODALITIES FOR THE PEACEFUL CONCLUSION OF THIS TRANSACTION. THE TRANSACTION DEFINITELY WOULD BE HANDLED IN PHASES AND THE FIRST PHASE WILL INVOLVE THE MOVING OF US$25,000,000.00( TWENTY FIVE MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS ).

MY CLIENTS ARE WILLING TO GIVE YOU A REASONABLE PERCENTAGE OF THIS MONEY AS SOON AS THE TRANSACTIONIS CONCLUDED. I WILL, HOWEVER, BASED ON THE GROUNDS THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO WORK WITH US AND ALSO ALL CONTENTIOUS ISSUES DISCUSSED BEFORE THE COMMENCEMENT OF THIS TRANSACTION. YOU MAY ALSO DISCUSS YOUR PERCENTAGE BEFORE WE START TO WORK. AS SOON AS I HEAR FROM YOU, I WILL GIVE YOU ALL NECESSARY DETAILS AS TO HOW WE INTEND TO CARRY OUT THE WHOLE TRANSACTION.

PLEASE, DO NOT ENTERTAIN ANY FEARS,AS ALL NECESSARY MODALITIES ARE IN PLACE, AND I ASSURE YOU OF ALL SUCCESS AND SAFETY IN THIS TRANSACTION.

PLEASE, THIS TRANSACTION REQUIRES ABSOLUTE CONFIDENTIALITY AND YOU WOULD BE EXPECTED TO TREAT IT AS SUCH UNTIL THE FUNDS ARE MOVED OUT OF THIS COUNTRY.

PLEASE, YOU WILL ALSO IGNORE THIS LETTER AND RESPECT OUR TRUST IN YOU BY NOT EXPOSING THIS TRANSACTION, EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED.

I LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING WITH YOU.

THANK YOU.

TRULY YOURS,
    BOARDS.IE, ESQ.

Fúck off nonce.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Fresh meat boys!

I'm leaving this thread here for pure entertainment value...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

dahamsta kicks ass again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

First, let me assure you that this is not one of those shady pyramid schemes you've been hearing about.
    No sir.
    Our model is the trapezoid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Hi Marc, you should really ignore these guys,

Marc, you're really in the wrong place for this as most of the people here wouldn't be interested and are just being immature and making fun of someone who is obviously a mature and successful business man.

To get into the special forum for serious entrepreneurs please post up your full bank and credit card details and your home address, phone number and some naked pictures of your wife and we will set you up an account for the "serious-business people forum" asap.

No-one tell sykeirl about the Really Really Serious Business People Forum. Shtum. Zip it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

This "business opportunity" is used so often its now technically spam. That said theres been a few intellectually challenged souls who have been caught by it. Now "thats" unbelieveable.

*snort*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by dahamsta
    *snort*

Yahwhosywhatsit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hi Marc

Ignore these plebs, they wouldn't spot a good thing if it came, unzipped their trousers and nuzzled the contents.

Please post your name and address so I can contact you. I'm always looking for opportunities to buy easy cars and fast women. I'm currently waiting for a 25% cut of a business transaction I've going with Laurent Kabila's butler but I've a few quid spare that I'm dying to invest.

Originally posted by sceptre
    I'm currently waiting for a 25% cut of a business transaction I've going with Laurent Kabila's butler
    MY DEAR SCEPTRE,

THE AGREED PERCENTAGE IS AWAITING YOU IN DARK ALLEY NO.5, THE SHADES, AMSTERDAMN MY GOOD AND TRUE FRRIEND. PLEASE PROCEED TO THIS ADRESS AS SOON AS SPECIALLY POSSIBLE TO COLLECT YOUR MONEY, AND PLEASE BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS MY BARRRISTER, PAUL KUMMEMBE, HAS ALREADY SENT YOU. THE GOAT RECQUIREMENT IS ESPECIALLY IMPORANT, BUT PLEASE DON'T FORGET THE DEPOSIT REQUIRED TO RELEASE YOUR FUND FOM THE BIG MAN CALLED BORIS. I LOOK FORRWARD TO MEETING YOU MY FRIEND!

YOURS LOVINGLY,
    JEEVES WOOSTER-FARFAN-CLYDE-WILLIKINS (DECEASED)

Originally posted by dahamsta
    No-one tell sykeirl about the Really Really Serious Business People Forum. Shtum. Zip it.

There is no "Really Serious Business People Forum".

It doesn't exist. Adam made it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

Marc,

I am interested. Pm Me.

Please include a contact number and an address. I will be in Belgium soon...

Please pm me.

FYI this guy seems absolutely serious about the scheme and even seems to believe it (from a couple of PMs he sent me).

Wondering if he's just gullible, or a knowing scam artist.

Al.

Yeah those Nigeria letters are funny!!
    Always with a Religous Twang!

Mine went
    Dear{Man}

Thank God we have found you... etc...

Send bank detalis and we split the cash etc...

Have a look at this site where a guy has had a lot of fun scamming the scammers :D

I especially like the correspondence he had with this fine christian woman :D:D
    Dear Mrs Mohammed
    I've just got in and replied to your lawyer. I expect he'll be in touch again soon.
    What a lovely photograph of yourself. You are a fine looking woman and I hope to meet you some day.

mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Please pm me.

I honestly dont know if you are serious or being sarcastic..... At least you are working on the writing style.. Messing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 supra-man

Ok guys, I think I got the message. You all seem to think that this is a scam. I took a look at the nigeria website... Really, great thing to know.
    I once received an email, with such content. And, of course I replied to the mail... At least, once. Immediately after that I had the great idea to type in the title of the email at google. I then saw that there were lots of sites mentioning that email. What gave me the idea that it was fake... And then I saw it standing in a website that was about HOAX's . Ok, then I got the picture completely.
    Actually, I'm not sure why people do these things. Have they really nothing else to do???
    Anyway... If you really think what I'm offering here is a scam, I think the best way to find out is by giving a phone call to my American sponsor, Jason Shannon. Or, I can have him call you (it's so much cheaper for you).
    So, if anyone of you guys is really interested, just pm me with your name and phone number. I'll do the rest.

Greetings,

Marc

Ooh, a name! Would that be Jason Shannon from:

2545 East Ave. I Spc. #93
    Lancaster, CA 93535

I'll Buy That For A Dollar!

No, seriously, I'm a bit curious now. Get him to ring me, my number is 01 6663777.

Thanks,
    adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by supra-man
    Ok guys, I think I got the message. You all seem to think that this is a scam. I took a look at the nigeria website... Really, great thing to know.
    I once received an email, with such content. And, of course I replied to the mail... At least, once. Immediately after that I had the great idea to type in the title of the email at google. I then saw that there were lots of sites mentioning that email. What gave me the idea that it was fake... And then I saw it standing in a website that was about HOAX's . Ok, then I got the picture completely.
    Actually, I'm not sure why people do these things. Have they really nothing else to do???
    Anyway... If you really think what I'm offering here is a scam, I think the best way to find out is by giving a phone call to my American sponsor, Jason Shannon. Or, I can have him call you (it's so much cheaper for you).
    So, if anyone of you guys is really interested, just pm me with your name and phone number. I'll do the rest.

Greetings,

Marc

look, this is a pyramid scheme.
    no one here like them.
    no one is going to fall for it.
    no one is stupid.

you have admitted you actually answered a scam mail and investigated it. no one here needs to do that becuase they already know its a scam.
    the same way your money making method is a scam.

dont post here again.
    and dont annoy me.

apart from that, have a really wealthy and healthy and happy day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

I love you White WAsh MAAN
    /me wipes his hole with 10 euro notes.

By
    ESD Jeremy Rose

Being broke sucks! No matter how hard you work you never seem to get ahead. Sometimes people think there are secrets to getting rich but I don’t think they are secrets… too many rich people know about them. Instead, these “secrets” are pretty much just principles that if you follow on a daily basis, you will not live paycheck to paycheck ever again.

The following is a list of the top 15 principles of the rich…

1) The Broke think everything is too good to be true, while the rich think that getting a job sounds too bad to be true.

2) Broke people give up when things don’t go their way; a few disappointments and they are onto something else, saying things like “it wasn’t for me.” The rich work harder and become more determined when things go bad, and understand that you have to take the bad with the good to make it.

3) Broke people always have an excuse. Rich people say “my fault” and refuse to make excuses.

4) Broke people think that not getting what they want is ok. Rich people are disgusted at the thought of not getting what they want and will do whatever it takes.

5) Broke people always have to talk it over with their broke friends to make sure no one will make fun of them if they make a decision. Rich people think for themselves and could care less what their broke friends think.

6) Broke people are never coachable and teachable. Rich people are always learning, even when the money starts coming in, they never stop learning from those who were there first.

7) Broke people are scared of others. Rich people entrust in others and know that other people are crucial for their success.

8) Broke people are always procrastinating; they would rather talk about it, read about it, think about it, but never seem to do anything. Rich people hate doing anything but getting it done.

9) Broke people are glad when the day is over. Rich people love when the day begins.

10) Broke people think rich people are lucky. Rich people put themselves into a position to be “lucky,” and then work hard to make the “luck” show up.

11) Broke people work by the hour. Rich people work by the month. Broke people want to know that after 1 hour of work they have something to show for it. Rich people find broke people who think like that and make them their employees. Broke people get excited they just got hired. Rich people think it is funny that someone could be fooled that easily; they are just making the rich person more rich.

12) Broke people complain a lot. Rich people are thankful that no one shot at them today, they didn’t have to fight in a war, and that they don’t have a job.

13) Broke people are too concerned about what other people are doing. Rich people are only concerned about what they can be doing to get more done. Broke people think that if no one is doing something, it must suck. Rich people think that if no one is doing something, it means more money for them. Broke people think that if everyone (all 200 people at the meeting in a city of 1 million) is doing something, it must be saturated. Rich people think that broke people aren’t too bright.

14) Broke people think it is ok for other people to live where they want to live, drive what they want to drive, and do what they want to do. Broke people are ok with the fact that they can’t do these things. Rich people get sick just thinking about being average. Broke people think that other people’s opinions are worth more than their dreams. Rich people know that their dreams are worth more than other people’s opinions.

“To be rich, you must learn from the broke and do not do what they do nor think how they think.”

Supra-man, why hasnt Jason rung me yet? Someone tryed to send me a private messagg but my inbox was full i empteed it now.

adam

Definition of pyramid sheme (in my bad English... Sorry for that) :

You pay a LOT of money to become part of a "group".
    Then, to earn that money back, you have to find a certain amount of people who are willing to pay that same amount of money to become part of the group.
    If you haven't found enough people in a certain delay of time, you have to pay the money again. And again and again, untill you found the necessary amount of people. And from that moment on, you can start earning money.
    It's clear that it's almost impossible to become successful in such a sheme.

Ok, this is not the defenition, but it's a good example. Actually, it's a system where you play with money. There is no product to represent, except money. You pay money, you find people who pay money, you get payed.

THAT'S A PYRAMID SHEME !!!

Now... If you know about the business I'm talking about, why don't you tell me the similarities of this with a pyramid sheme. I'm curious.

Hey, I'm not trying to be an asshole here you know. But, I just want you guys to understand that there is more then scammers alone in these businesses...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by supra-man
    I just want you guys to understand that there is more then scammers alone in these businesses...
    Yeah, you're right. You also have the scammed. Which one are you, twinkletoes?

Euhm... I'm not sure I understand that sentence.

Anyway, you guys, just believe whatever you want. I give you the possibility to learn if this is really a scam or not. And it wouldn't even cost you any trouble.
    I'd let my American sponsor give you a phone call, if you want. You'll have nothing at all to loose.

You don't have to accept this. But, as long as you don't have a clue of what this business is about, I don't have to accept any negative critics. I think this is a fair thing for me to say, don't you think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ok,

you had your say supra man.

i said i dont want to hear anything more about it. and i meant it.

fisty.
    you are boring.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement