Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make Q3 work

Options
  • 11-05-1999 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Could one of you learned people out there help me please.

Q3 aint running. I have a Voodoo 1 card and when I try to run it it says

could not load opengl subsystem.

This is most annoying.

I tried takeing the gl drivers from q1 and 2 respectivly, renameing them opengl32.dll to see if this would do anything. It didn't. I downloaded the opengl2 drivers and took the opengl32 file from that. This got a little further and I could hear the card clicking in but the screen just remained black and I had to restart the PC.

Any ideas? I would be truly grateful to anyone who can help me out.

Pres

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

goto www.3dfx.com and download the q3test compatible voodoo1 drivers, install em and play smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Cant seem to find em

there are drivers for voodoo 2,3 and banshie but no voodoo one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭KinDreD

CAN anyone help me....its loads up grand all is fine....I enter the server all i see is yellow...but i can type fire the weapon and run around....but all i see is ****ING yellow.......????????¿

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

/me puts on stressed out support person voice

weeell, what sort of setup do you have sir

PC, graphics, processer, ram, OS.

sounds like incorrect drivers for yer 3d card or you've done something thick with the brightness control smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭KinDreD

P200....64mbram......V2......windoze 95

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

yeah you have to get the new drivers
    There's actually supposed to be some problems with the Voodoo2 ones
    Anyway Quake 3 test wasn't that special, although the net code was great, it was fairly playable, even for me, but it just don't seem right.....
    it has a funny taste about it wink.gif

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I had a similar problem with my V3. Then I copied a file called 3dfxgl.dll (i think) - it was about 980k in any case - into the q3 folder and renamed it to opengl32.dll and it worked.

Advertisement