Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True Crime : Streets Of L.A

• 07-09-2003 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Ive been looking forward to this for a while now... Its a game like GTA except your a cop instead of a criminal, Theres a big martial arts system, Ive heard you can pick anything up from chairs to pool ques ETC

I cant remember off hand but there is a large cast of well known actors working on the game too AND the storyline has many different branches depending on how you play and what you do,

I cant wait for it ! anybody else heard anything ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

There a demo of true crimes on this months OPS2 magazine, played it a couple of times, a bit like GTA alright, doesnt give you much in the demo, but whats there is good

the cast includes Michael madsen and Christopher walken, game was due out soon but apparently has been delayed

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

i was gonna go buy this at lunchtime today for the xbox, looks pretty sweet from what ive seen.

anyone else that has played it that can recommend it? like a few other opinions on it if youve played it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I was told it's ok to start with, but then it goes down hill from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I thought it would be great aswell, excellent cast of voice actors and everything. Looked good.

How disappointed was I. I didn't even think the start was good :(

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

I hated it...some people i know love it and think its better than GTA...it so isnt. Its not as long as GTA nor is it are the missions half as good. Its **** imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by smiaras
    I just turned it off when Kang gets introduced to his new partner, a woman who he hilariously mistakes for his secretary and asks for a cup of coffee. Oh the hilarity! Not as crazy as Martin Riggs nor as stereotypical as McBain. The boss of the EOD is called the chief, how cheesy can one game be? But then again he gets results damn it, did you hear that McGarnagle?

yeah this was funny alright. The game is good enough on the xbox with the customisable soundtracks and all.....no mafia or gta but not bad

Originally posted by smiaras
    I was being sarcastic

yea so was i

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

i think henry_14 meant that the joke itself was not funny, but the fact that they tried to make such a crap joke be funny was funny..... you follow?

Flogen

Originally posted by flogen
    i think henry_14 meant that the joke itself was not funny, but the fact that they tried to make such a crap joke be funny was funny..... you follow?

Flogen

Exactly;) couldn't have said it better myself (obviously)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I think the gameplay looks class, IMHO, but the graphics and storyline look a bit dodgy TBH. I think I'll rent it out first.

What's the deal with Getaway 2? Is there gonna be one?

.ak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

god true crime was such a let down. what a bad game... it was brought up with a massive amount of hype and let players down an awful lot. it's strongpoint is definately the huge city though..

whats so bad about it? I must admit i didnt know anything about it before i bought it......mabey hype is a bad thing.....like GTA vice city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Vice City was totally class and totally good fun. Way better than true crime in every aspect.

Advertisement