Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lowlands , AFI pwn

• 07-09-2003 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭

I went to lowlands last weekend. was a really cool gig, despite there being little metal on show the mettlers were out in force, nightwish, the blood brothers and afi afireinside.net were playing. Funily enough I had never heard any of AFI's stuff before, but they owned, best performance imo, seriously tight set, if you are not familiar with them, its a type of gothic-metal-punk-type scene. There was also a german trad band corvus corax who rocked out in style (trad in a german pick up you sword and fight while drinking 5 liters of beer type way) . It was an experience to see all the kids in their rhapsody hoodies waltsing around to german war dums and bag pipes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

AFI are indeed seriously ****ing magic. Check out their new album "Sing the sorrow" its a little bit (loads) more melodic than thier last few releases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Have to agree here. Sing The Sorrow is my favourite album of 2003, if not the past 2 years. This band is seriously underrated imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, great band AFI. I found their previous album, The Art Of Drowning was better, but yeah, Sing The Sorrow does indeed pwn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Like to see them play myself, seems like they're heavily promoting the album in the US rather than the rest of the world :(. Maybe when they release their second album for Dreamworks, they might make it over to Ireland. A date over the next few months would (obviously) be even better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Ive been a fan of theirs for 2 and a half years. I thought the art of drowning would of been their peak of artistic creativity but i was greatly mistaken Sing the sorrow is without a doubt the best album of the year.

if i had of known they were playing in ireland i would of definately gone to see them.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

where was lowlands? germany?

gar

Advertisement