Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

late night cafés

• 07-09-2003 11:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭

prelude: now that summers over and i'm back in school i'll be spending 2-3 nights a week wandering around town after school with my girlfriend. we're both under 18 & i don't drink anyway so we can't go to pubs. our routine was pretty much the same for the last few months before summer

...we'd walk in a pretty much random pattern, get hot chocolate in coffee society before it closed at 7...and walk some more..

problem: being outside is cold..walking lots is tiring

question: are there any (preferably nice) cafes in the city centre that stay open til 9 or 10? if there are they're well hidden or we're both blind (not internet cafes of course...unless theres one that doesn't charge you to sit there...)

alternatively: anybody have any ideas for nice places to go? warm, safe, nice...(preferably with some kind of food or drink available)ie: somewhere to sit & talk and stuff

was going to put this on after hours...but thought it might fit here? if i was wrong then move it of course...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I think Kafe Moka round from the Stephens Green centre opens late-ish, then there's the haagen dazs cafe on Wicklow st that opens till 9 or 10, and if you're really stuck....maccy d's never throws people out really! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Cafe Mocha, opposite Break for the Border at Stephens Green Shopping Centre and Sufos, which is nearby (walk from Mocha, past Break for the border towards Georges St and its on the right)

Depending on the night Mocha is open til at least 11 and Sufo is open even later, possibly til 2-3am at the weekends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

the joy of coffee in temple bar is open until @ least 10pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

thank you all very kindly...i shall stop by these cafes during the week

Advertisement