Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DeV Pitches a Tent

Options
  • 13-05-1999 11:02am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

shot0004.jpg

shot0005.jpg

DeV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 CampMaster

Exxxxxxxxcelllllent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

nice nice

this is the kinda sh!t we want to see, anythin anyone finds out, to post it up here.

you would do some nice damage to the quad boy comin out the tele there smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Hehe, nice one Dev - I tried hopping up on those gargoyles b4 but couldn't get it right.

The quad platform on q3test2 attracts the camper element like flys - I scored a nice rail shot on MP? last night while he was up there dropping quad rockets on the people below.

I tell ya, I'm getting murdered atm - 4 months of playing Tribes really screws with the ole DM skillz.. where's me jet pack ffs.. smile.gif

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

One thing I that just struck me - camping with the teleporter is EVIL! If someone spots you, you just hit it and you're on the far side of the level in an instant! Hmm..

And 72fps! Bast.. my poor ole yoke gives me 15.. sniff..

Teeth.

[This message has been edited by Dr_Teeth (edited 13-05-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I'll tell you what Tribes did to me.... It made me forget how unplayable most games are with a 300-350 ping! Tribes is grand on that kind of lag, whereas Quake3A is completely arse.

I need a better ping...

Mata ne!
    Rob

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Myself and Regi are doing a centralised web site for q3.

Everything we find out we will post there for the greater good of the community. (Mail me anything you find out or scour from the net)

The Irish WILL rock at q3.

DeVore.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

BTW teeth. I get 72 fps there, if I dont move .
    I get as low as 20 in fights but thats still ok I reckon.

I find downgrading graphics is making fvck all difference to my frames. :/

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

getting about 25fps average on q3test1 which isn't bad. i've spent a bit of time testing the different tweaks. for instance, switching the rings off around the items (think its cg_simpleitems 1) gives me an extra 1 fps.

this isn't bad at all considering i played q2 in sw at a max of 11fps for 6 months when it came out smile.gif

ButcherOfNog
    Clan Hot Internet Virgins
    clans.quake2.co.uk/hiv

"We can't risk another frontal assault. That rabbit's dynamite."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

Ye can camp on the lights near the
    personal teleporter and in between the doors
    near the rl(not near the T thingy)
    Hmmm where else!
    oh i got another way to get to quad on the other level which envolves a rocketjump but miss the bouncey pad thingy and u'r a gonner
    I got a demo of it but can't play the dam thing! how come ye can watch that democycle thingy by typein exec democycle at console and ye can't play u'r own fookin demos!!! grrrr - cool game though
    nice spots though dev! luv em wink.gif

Advertisement