Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My crash...

Options
  • 08-09-2003 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I got into a crash there on friday morning at about 8:40am on my way into work. Thought I'd do a little post about it. See if anyone else would like to post about theirs too.

Heres how it went down.
    I was driving along the N4 just before the M50 roundabout at palmerstown. For once coming up to the lights I was driving in the lane (the one closeist to the other side of the N4 and furthest from the buslane). I was between 20 and 30 feet from the fella infrunt of me, doing somewhere between 30 and 40 MPH. 40 is the speed limit for that area. When the fella ahead of me starts to swerv to the left. As he starts this I start to brake as I see he about to hit the car that was driving right beside him. So he does and he comes to a dead stop when he does. Then I go into the back of him, I'd say at about 20-30MPH. I slam into my Fule tank Then flip over the handel bars. My arm gets raped up in them as I do and rather than me getting trowen over the car. I get flung onto the car. My back hits the boot and my tailbone and legs are on the rear window and roof. I had closed my eyes when I got slamed onto the car, when I opend them I found red all over my viser and when I turned my head to the right, I could see down the back of the car. Which was also coverd in red and then down low there was some on the ground. It was at this point I realised I could not move/feel my left arm. I started to panic for a second untill I felt a bit of pressure on it. It was still cought on the bike. I managed to get it free and get up off the car (from start to finish I would say that is about 10 or 11 seconds)

After talking to the guy in the car I took a look at my bike
    oh if your wondering what the Red all over the visor and car was.. well it was the fluid from the forks on the bike :) I think I got very lucky. I am still kinda able to use my arm. dont have my full range of movement with it and I cant hold a pen or anything heavyer than a drinking glass of water with it, with out a lot of pain. But it is still there and it wasn't even dislocated. Oh and if you want to know what made the dent on the fule tank. Well lets just say I'm walking kind of funny now.... (and it wasn't my leg)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by sutty
    I slam into my Fule tank

Oh and if you want to know what made the dent on the fule tank. Well lets just say I'm walking kind of funny now.... (and it wasn't my leg)

Jaysus, hope ur Master still works ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

as i said in IRC, look at the size of his wang ! thats some dent with yer captain tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

I passed a crashed Virago on Friday at this junction. Hope there wasn't 2 incidents here. Saw that you were standing and had the lid off. Must enrol on a first aid course this month, coz I'm feck all use to anyone in this situation now.
    Good to hear nothing broken, just soft tissue damage. But you'll still need some time to heal, esp. the family jewels.
    GWS
    -ao-

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

jaysus you were lucky.
    To crash on a bike at 20 - 30mph into the back of another vehicle could have been a whole lot nastier.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

WAs taking a look at a sdhip on the quays yeaterday. Turned around a some junkie had been splatted on the road by a taxi ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

one less to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Originally posted by a_ominous
    I passed a crashed Virago on Friday at this junction. Hope there wasn't 2 incidents here. Saw that you were standing and had the lid off. Must enrol on a first aid course this month, coz I'm feck all use to anyone in this situation now.
    Good to hear nothing broken, just soft tissue damage. But you'll still need some time to heal, esp. the family jewels.
    GWS
    -ao-

Nope as far as I know, I was the only one. Aye, everything is a bit batterd. But it may not only be soft tissue. I've been told by my Doctor that if I am still feeling pain in my tailbone by next week I am to go in for an X-RAY.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

But it may not only be soft tissue. I've been told by my Doctor that if I am still feeling pain in my tailbone by next week I am to go in for an X-RAY.

Not speaking from personal experience, but I'd consider trying one of those piles cushions you can get in medical suppliers or possibly chemists. The GFs father is using a V cushion after his hip-op to keep his hip higher than his knee. I had a back problem a few months back and changing posture was the way to relieve the pain.

Having only now seen the link for the bike, it was yourself I saw. The bike was still up the rear of the car at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Sounds like something out of a action movie, good to hear you're ok, shame about the forks, looks like a sturdy frame though. Are u gonna stick with biking?! Sure it didn't kill ya, you can only learn from the experience.

Hope the hip-op goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Just back froma week in Spain.... talk about MAD motorists!!!
    i cant believe they have cheaper insurance over there...
    all week all i could hear was skids and see people 2 inches from hospital or death...

and then on the last day after not actually witnessing and carnage, myself and my girlfriend were waiting outside a pub for our taxi to the airport and i heard a big "scucuuuuudixxx" (best way i can explain it) i looked over at a busy intersection and saw a moped skidding accross the road on its side, then 2 pasengers rolling and sliding on the ground till they hit the bike which had hit a turck and stopped.... they werent wearing any helmets... and all i can say is they were blessed, they must have made a very big deal with god, cos both of them (dude and his girlfriend) just got up picked up the bike and drove off.. i diddnt even see him asking his bird was she ok, he just told her to get on...
    i was in shock at how lucky they were and they just brushed it off as nothing...
    im not one to suck the knob of the laws in Ireland, but after seeing that im very thankfull that we have strict enough laws to keep our safety and well-being at top of the list...

just thought id let you know of my adventures over ther, oh and for the record i much have seen well over 1000 bikes over the week, and i can count on one hand the amount i saw wearing helmets...

later
    Macker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

That's some tough luck sutty..
    Glad to hear you came out of it mostly unscathed..

Is the bike a write-off? Will you be able to claim, or were you travelling too close the car in front? The fact that the car infront ran into a car on the side does raise some potential for an argument..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

after you being alright sutty, the most important thing is what the cops said when you talked to them at the scene of the accident. It is possible you'll be in the clear as they may take the view that the guy who caused the accident is the only person in the wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Jesus sutty, that sounds nasty. You can just thank god you're still alive/not paralised. I still can't believe that dent was created by your cock and balls ffs :)

I actually had a mini-crash with the bike there on Thursday but no other cars involved. Was driving up a small-ish road in the pissing rain and as I came to a junction I began to turn and the road was extremely slippy and wheels just slipped from under the bike. I slid for ages and luckily only got out of it with a sore knee. Only damage done was that the foot peg snapped off (Which cost me 170e to get repaired :mad: )

Actually I was dead lucky there was a sound guy in a jeep behind me who stopped and helped me. My bike is quite heavy and when it falls it takes a bit of strength to get it back up (It's a varadero - big fooker). Fairly pathetic episode compared to yours but I thought I'd share.

Advertisement