Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hnm Gloibin --Jedi Academy trailer---

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I got the full game yesterday. It's quite good so far. The sabre combat has improved, no matter what Retrogamer says.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

After watching danny play I wouldn't say that. You just basically bash the mouse button as fast as you can and theon screen character does cool stuff just ike in jedi outcast. Still, theres more skill in it than tekken 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Falgorn

I have to disagree.. i have played a lot of JK2 Outcast and there is a lot more to it than just clicking buttons randomely.. Whilst you can get away with that against other like minded players, and or weak computer opponents, there is an inherant skill to lightsaber duel. I wont get into the finer details, but i do think its the best close combat gameplay i have ever experienced.. Anyone who has played a lot of JK2 IM Sure will agree!! Where did you get a full version already by the way?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Iv played some where between 6 and 10 of the missions and to be honest its not a great game.

The sabe combat is little more then bashing the button, U dont really need the combo's at all...

Its failry repeditive with a few deviations (the sand worm level and the train level)

It looks great and is very faithfull to SW's in general. But its not exactly a chalanging game (i did make the mistke of starting at the default dificulty, Jedi i think).

The action tends to be spaced out to much and the story line devlops its self more then u devloping it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Got the game myself recently, and I have to say I love it. But then again i'm a huge Star Wars Expanded Universe fan, so of course I will. Lightsaber Combat is cool, and while the combo's aren't of much use to be honest, it's all down to positioning yourself correctly, and using the correct force powers.

It's also nice to play a game where by the end your not whooping every normal enemies ass, where you can actually die at any time if you fluff it up. A lightsaber strike will kill you same as it would in the films. Also cool is when you and your opponents lightsabers lock, and you have to push against each other to break it.

Also, the best feeling in the game is when you get to choose wether to have a normal lightsaber, twin sabers or a saber staff, and then using your new weapon for the fist time, messing about with it just feels brill.

The story is kinda forced on you, but to be honest, the first time I played it, I didn't care, was having way to much fun. And the multiplayer is good to, as even the bots are difficult and use the force properly to get you.

And the gun's are very tertiary in this game, you use them a few times, maybe to take out tripmines the odd time, and that's about it.

On the whole, a very enjoyable game the first time round, and I love the lightsaber combat system. Gonna start again tonight on a harder difficulty setting, as admittedly I only played on default meself last time as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I just have to mention that on the first level Praetorians amazing manipulation of the force to read the future managed to get him killed by a falling tree. Much ridicule followed :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

That dam tree got me as well, that and having hit the other fella with the saber a few too many times he kept dying when ever we jumped the stream...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Yea, true, that first level was very funny. And happily slicing and dicing your comrades was the first thing I did as well. :D

Advertisement