Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GIVE ME YOUR CHILDREN!!!!

Options
  • 12-05-1999 6:24pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

oh ok your opinions will have to do....

Here's the plan. Write one, max two, sentences that describes your opinion regarding q3a. And then note if you are likely to switch to it.

I'll collate them and stick them all up on Challenge IE.

It might be a bit of fun sure...

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Looks good, sounds good, plays good, feels good. Good game.

Im with regi on the switch ....I'll play all three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CrassH

Well i think q3a is deadly but it will be hard to change from quake 1 to quake 3 it's totally different but as Jaden said in a recent TOPIC at least both quake 1 and 2 players can play this together

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Looks beautiful, plays well, very smooth.

I will play it but I still prefer Quake1.

Gandalf.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I'm gonna stick with Doom2.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

i havent seen the actual test yet, but i saw the ihv leak test.. and from what i hear about q3, i think i agree with gandalf..

i'll play em all like, but I'll prefer Q1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ChRoMe99

Its ok. Feel like your 10foot which sucks. I like it overall.

Like other's i will play all 3 but defitnely prefare q1 out of the 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

yeah i'll be playing q3. its looking very nice so far, i live for pretty pictures, to hell with framerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

sweeeeeet...

nice game, well worth the big d/l. Q2 players will have the definte advantage at the outset because the game is slighty leaning towards quake2 more than ancien-quake.

and those jump platforms rule smile.gif....boiinngggg, kersplat!

You must be mistaking me for somebody who gives a ****..
    robertgallagher@tinet.ie
    www.planet-tribes.com/em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

never played q3, have a shiite computer

someone buy me a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

tis truely ambrosia of the gods
    in a mixed metafore kind of way

i play

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

its fun. interesting. some cool points. decent weap_switch. hate the air_movement! we'll see how it fairs when it comes out properly...or at least a proper demo version!

Ill play it but i might play q1 as well smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Game plays well, it's a change from the normal and therefore is good, satisfaction on gibbing is good smile.gif

Kegs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

2 lines...hmm.....

Its a lethal game, class graphics, movement and weapons. One thing tho : The q2eers have their railgun, give us back our shaft !! You couldnt tickle a bulls ar$e with the one in q3test.

Z.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

wheres me chaingun?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Weapons, game-speed and feel are all grand.
    fps, rocket-splash-power, footsteps and player visibility all need work.
    I'll be switching to it tho.

DeV

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

1. player visibility works both ways smile.gif
    2. i'm beginning to like the RL alot now, you do have to aim damn well with it, rockets in the general direction of someone, or even just ****ed into a mosh tend to yield little joy, this is GOOD, if hard to get used to.
    3. fps, i'm impressed with what i'm getting, was sure i'd need to upgrade even to run the test.
    4. footsteps, they do sound rather odd smile.gif

Can't wait to try it over the weekend with a decent ping. the qtest1 level is excellent when you start looking at it from a teamplay pov, everythings spread out just enough to make it difficult to control, quad is in a nice open area with 2 routes for entry, 4 armor spawn points. 2 RL's, Rail & plasmagun all have quick kill capability. i like, i want a teamplay server.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Player visibility sacrificed for Eye candy. Jump pads are great. Wheres DM3?? smile.gif

Slosh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

Quake 3 is the best invention since Spar!!

Once I get my config sorted....it's bye bye to Quake 1 and Quake 2......although I will always knock around in em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

Q3 is out when did that happen ?????? smile.gif

You'd never notice to look at these boards

[This message has been edited by JaneyMackers (edited 13-05-99).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Pio

q1 good
    q2 not as good
    q3 better than the above 2, but needs more work, **** fps, playable at high pings and low fps enjoyable
    ps. better under linux, less o/s overheads.

Advertisement