Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlords

• 08-09-2003 2:20pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Im posting here because its something students come up against alot it think and dont know where else to post it...

My lease has a part in it that says only Blu Tak can be used on the walls to hang things. Now that iv moved out the Blu Tak has stained the paint (like a grease stain).

Also the wall wher the bin was in the kitchen is stained from spills and splatters.

The landlord is giving out about it and wants to take money from the deposit to paint them.

Where does that leave me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

The blue tac i'ld say you can get away with it.
    Why didnt he just put something about nothanging stuff on the walls instead and he would have been safe.
    At the end of the day he said you could use blue tak.Thats normal wear and tear according to the lease then.
    The mess at the bin is because you're a messy bastard.
    most people can but stuff in the bin without destroying the wall behind it.
    If you owned the place you would have got it in the bin, not the wall every time.

Advertisement