Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia WDM Video Capture thing

• 08-09-2003 7:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I got a tv turner card a while ago and i finally got around to setting it up. Its a Msi Tv anywhere master. I've heard its a bit dodgy but i'm not sure yet if its the card.

When i install the card, all of it installs properly for the tuner card but when i install the nvidia wdm capture drivers for my gf4 it won't install the universal driver and gives me a code 10 (can't start etc). Everything else installs fine.

I've looked around the net seeing how i can install it but it seems to be hit and miss with some people. Also i heard that it can burn out aswell. Anyone had any diffculty with this and if so did you fix it? Also do i need this to get my card working?

I've only tried the msi pvs software to find channels and it doesn't find any but *** i don't know wtf i'm doing :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭joto

Hello sk
    I remember some time back installing an Audigy 2 card & had trouble installing wdm drivers.

I think the thing is not to instal them ( u have that option during instal). When computer restarts after instals, you can find vxd drivers on instal CD, which it will work with less hassle than wdm drivers(can't member why though-have to think 4 a while).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I heard about installing them manually on a few forums but never really tried it. I only have the installer so where will i get the .vxd's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭joto

They should be on CD (if u have it).
    During install U can choose not to use wdm drivers. After about 98% instal it looks for them.
    Instead, direct installer to vxd drivers ( u might have to explore a bit-). Should be under drivers- near the end of CD folders(?).
    Look on CD first.

I know there's a reason why that works but can't exactly remember (help). vxd drivers are older & more stable or something like that.
    Hope that's useful
    :ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Looked through the disk and could only find vxd drivers for 98-me (i've 2k).

Advertisement