Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

attaching images

Options
  • 08-09-2003 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭

i seriously need help. I'm having problems attaching pictures from my hard drive to posts. :confused: I need detailed instructions as im a slow bistard

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

ok fock that it works here! i posted the link so you could see the error report I was getting but obviously it was just the forum I was in!
    How come attachments dont come up in preveiw post?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

If you want an image to be displayed within a post you use the following code {IMG}www.somewebsite.com/someimage.jpg{/IMG} but replace the { with [ and } with ] and the URL (www.somewebsite.com/someimage.jpg ) with the actual URL of the image you're using. Some boards have image code turned off so the image will appear as a link.

There's more info on vB code here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

^^half right

first get yourself a bit of webspace upload your image to her
    get your webspace from here
    http://members.boards.ie/index.html
    it is on the front page press members and signup.
    When you have signed up go to Filemanager in the same place as you just signed up type your username and password.

2 is upload the image in your webspace.
    when uploaded click on the image copy adress in the adress bar should look like this http://members.boards.ie/macdaddy/macdaddy%20sig.jpg

3- now go to your post press IMAGE, paste in the link press ok thats it

then it shoould look like this macdaddy%20sig.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

It's all right actually. I didn't say anything about uploading images because it wasn't asked. And it doesn't have to be your own images.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement