Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! IRC Chat Night !! Wednesday 10pm

• 08-09-2003 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

To get more people into the whole IRC thang, I thought it might be an idea to oragnise a time for a chat.

So the time is, this Wednesday the 10th, at 10pm.

How do you join in?
    Well, the easiest way is to go in via your browser to http://www.boards.ie/chat/index.php?room=icdg
    and chat away,

Those of you who use mIRC,

/connect ign.ie.quakenet.org
    and then
    /join #icdg

Hope to see a lot more faces in there than just Mossy's!! :D

Damo.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The link wants to install something.

Writing SW for millions of years has tought me to not let sites install things.

then
    Connecting...
    Unable to connect : cannot connect to "ign.ie.quakenet.org"
    Connecting...
    Error : Not connected
    Error : Not connected
    Connecting...

I'm sure it can be programmed with 100% plain vanilla HTML on client page if the server side has all the right knobs on it....

I'll not bother anyone with why I don't have IRC, ICQ or Messenger installed.
    (Firewalls .... mutter mutter mutter .... proxies ... mutter mutter)

I'll just sit here in my Gloomy Place and eat thistles. I bet you don't have to eat thistles.

Have a good evenings Chat.

If there is a "Night Out" with folks from here a good bit west of the "Mad Cow Roundabout" (Closer to Tralee than Portlaoise), I'll especially leave the Gloomy Place and come.

(Besides I thought you only went to chat rooms if you wanted led astray...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Shame, watty, its the likes of yerself we want to see come in.

If there is a "Night Out" with folks from here a good bit west of the "Mad Cow Roundabout" (Closer to Tralee than Portlaoise), I'll especially leave the Gloomy Place and come.

Watch this space...

Advertisement