Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2Mb leased Line for VPN - who's best

Options
  • 08-09-2003 10:51pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So it's an internet connetion mainly for a VPN to go to Europe and yes they want the full 2Mb so ADSL ain't an option.

At this stage looks like Colt - Are there any other options ?
    I'd rather not see certain psudo-Irish ISP's get money for old rope.. - and there is no point in getting it off someone who does ensure enough bandwidth to allow a full 2Mb to the continent.

Seeing as how BB prices keep dropping do any of the providers do contracts less than a full year ?

I'm not sure if it's just file transfer or time critical stuff like SQL etc. so no ideal if can go with Leap (IBB - yeah right..) but most likely copper..

PS. wish I was getting it :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Colt are good.

Look at Worldcom and NTL as well, Worldcom peer in Amsterdam for much of Europe or else in the Linx like Colt. NTL have loads of bandwith to the Linx as well, dunno then .

Get reference sites for all 3 and get them to run pings and traceroutes for ya to the target from the sites.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Go with Cable and Wireless/Sprint/Colt.

No sucky home users.

Advertisement