Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you view the CTYI forum?

Options
  • 08-09-2003 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭

Everyone on boards looks upon the ctyi board as the muppet/spam board, so i thought I'd see what you lot think about this little hole.

Personally, I think that this board, though spam riddled, is in general worthwile. The problem is that most poeple only view the board in the month or so after the course ends, when the posts fill up the recent posts on the frontpage. It generally quiets down afterwards, which leaves only a few of us, each of us spamming in our own spamming-but-not-really way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Shoeless Ailbhe

Yeah, I agree, I think its awful when it peeters out! And then there's people like me who just look at it every time we're on the net, see who's there, whats new atc, but very rarely reply unless we're suprisingly not lazy for a wee while. Then we go back to another 2 weeks laziness. There are many like us.... just take a look at the amount of views as against the amount of replies on any forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

ToBeHonest, I think the board gets better when everyone shags off and settles down. We tend to get more amusing and intelligent threads, and less "word association" style crap.

As long as the more annoying posters STAY HERE, our reputation shouldn't get any worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭stevanavich

Originally posted by nosmo
    As long as the more annoying posters STAY HERE, our reputation shouldn't get any worse

stay here, OR Feck the hell off altogether.

and as far as other people calling the ctyi board a spam board... why do they bother looking in here then. if its so crap, why post here whinging about it? geez, some of those guys wouldnt know hypocricy if it came up and bit them in the face.

that happened once...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I've been here since the end of session 1, and although not every thread since then has been about CTYI(I'd say about 1/6 of them or less have)most(and I say most), are still relevant, because this forum is more or less for CTYIers to discuss anything and everything. Although maybe I have been led astray by the abundant post-course spam, of which I have taken part...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Personnaly i dont think its a spam forum at all, its a chance for CTYIers to talk to other CTYIers.
    It only degrades into spam when ppl like tj or the 1st week of me show up
    And i check this board almost daily, but i have dsl :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

As far as I see it this is like an intelligent though loveably eccentric discussion forum with a wide range of classic characters ranging from the depressed to the overly cheerful and featuring the occassional visit from the village idiot who rarely stays a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by Scarlett
    I've been here since the end of session 1, and although not every thread since then has been about CTYI(I'd say about 1/6 of them or less have)most(and I say most), are still relevant, because this forum is more or less for CTYIers to discuss anything and everything. Although maybe I have been led astray by the abundant post-course spam, of which I have taken part...
    The forum is for discussing pretty much anything (except secks, but we do that anyway.) It's just that the main thing we have in common is *shockhorror* CTYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

It's a community forum for discussing anything, the issues the rest of boards seems to have is that it is so rambling and it isn't coherrant, but the point is that it is both a mixture of real life (tm) and online-ness.

It's fun and it morphs.

life is good.

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭stevanavich

to prove fio is good.

intial statement: "life is good <<(is less than) Fio >>(which in turn is less than) "_" (0)
    but what is life? - lets make life a variable,"X".
    "x is good."
    but fio is better than life (fio >> life is good) therefore, fio is good.

q.e.d.

^^^hardcore ctyi spam, both completely irrelevant but at the same time "intelligent".

FINE,...i was bored O.K?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

i have one like that which proves that girls are evil

Anyone who is interested, pm me, though i would first like to say for the record, that it in no way endorses my own opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

This is a spam board. live with it. i do :)

this place cant survive without spam. a lot of the community boards cant but THIS one especially. so accept it, stop making excuses and got to Spammers Anonymous meetings.

i mean really, myself and nosmo were the biggest spammers this board has ever seen loike :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

Of course it's usually full of stupid and semi-intelligent threads, that's what it's here for.

Better than us hi-jacking another board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Spog

Well, didn't anyone ever notice that what we talk about at ctyi would be considered spam when written down? Its jus that it seems very spur-of-the-moment when one is actually talking whereas written, it just looks silly! Hmmm, That's a funny idea, writing down all the conversations @ ctyi. Where's ciari m when we need her??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

featuring the occassional visit from the village idiot who rarely stays a long time.

Thats a terrible thing to say about Crash.

I think this is a really good forum, where ones maddness seemless less pronounced. And its where ever body knows you name (well not in my case but in others).

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

this one aonghus?

women = time x money, women translates to woman^2 (squared), time translates to money giving:

woman^2 = money^2, money is the root of all evil giving:

woman^2 = evil

woman = root of all evil

actually the version i know is

women = time(money). seeing as time = money
    women = money^2. seeing as money is, as well all know, evil
    women = evil^2. get the square root of both sides.
    therefor women are the root of evil :)

You needed an equation to see that we're the root of all evil? Was it not obvious?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

/me makes a note to show that to my Applied Maths teacher

On a side note, AP maths and Physics are piss easy because of CTYI. Thank you Engineering class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭malecO

A lot of people that went to CTYI live in different parts of Ireland (and the world) so this forum is one of the main ways that CTYIers can keep in touch. That's what this forum is for (and all the spam of course but what fun's a forum without spam).

actually neil, i believe u get women^(1/2) = evil
    root women = evil
    (sorry, am doing math project atm. fskn trig manipulation)

• Advertisement

well, they prove different things. you're proves women are the root of evil. however mine proves the root of women is evil. subtle difference but true :)

Originally posted by Aliminator
    root women = evil
    What kinda hostname is women?

hmm.
    women are a part of evil (women created evil), OR
    evil is a part of women (evil created women)....

who came first? lucifer or eve?

from the fingers of nosmo

hostname? connexion where?

actually its the difference between this.

women = root of all evil ; women are the beginning of evil, the controllers of evil

root of women = evil ; evil are the beginning of women, the controllers or women. so i'm just being pedantic :D but still...

i more or less said that neil. fuk communication skillz.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

That's kinda sad...

Though, unfortunately, I'm going to have to agree with you. It would suck as a hostname but probaly not the worst I've seen.

Hey, I don't get paid for having a life.

flyingteapot.dogcow here..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Hey, I don't get paid for having a life.

flyingteapot.dogcow here..

Neither do I... Yet.

Flyingteapot.dogcow?

Whatever floats your boat...

• Advertisement

Look, I will enlighten you all. Women are the root of all evil, we created Lucifer. We built Hell. We devised sin. We placed the glitches in people's consciences. We were supressed for a few centuries, but we will rise again. Of course, a large amount of women no longer have the 'evil-gene', but the rest of us will stomp them out by going on merciless killing sprees and RULE ALL! YOU WILL ALL SUFFER! MWAHAHAHAHAA!

Umm, did I just say that? It was a joke, yeah that's it, a joke...
    /me laughs maniacally to self

Advertisement