Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting songs onto a Net MD portable Mdplayer/recorder.

• 08-09-2003 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

Ive a Sony NetMD Walkman and am trying to transfer some guns N roses songs onto it.

I use MusicMatch jukebox on my pc to play songs in general.
    I also have Open MG s/w which came with the MD for transferring music.

I have all the songs (50) arranged in a particular order i want them put on the disk. This is in MMJ, i have them in a playlist and want to transfer them straight to my MD. (Which you can do.)

The problem is, that MMJ wont recognise my MD. I have it connected up correctly and all. In the MMJ portable device window it should detect any portable devices connected automatically after a min or 2. But it doesnt detect my MD.

My Open MG recognises it, so its connected fine. Open Mg is gay and takes ages to add the songs in. And i have them in the order i want in the MMJ playlist. To add them all in the order i want using open Mg will take ages. (Some of the songs are repeated on different albums and i`d have to check each vers of each song to get them the way i have them in MMj playlist.It wud take ages.)

SO basically, i am looking for a way to import the playlist from MMJ into OpenMG. Does anyone know how to do this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

as far as i know, you're gonna have to use the Open MG s/w cos it converts the mp3s into ATRAC3 format which is what the MD player stores on its disks.

NetMDs are not really that fast (when you consider that you have to convert the mp3s first, and that the transfer rate isn't 32x). you're better off picking up an mp3 player (creative muvo are nice (64/128 MB ~ approx. 100euros). it'll be better in the long run.

sorry, this doesn't really answer your question. try google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

concerning Net MD's the transfer rate is only 32x if u haev USB2 as far as i know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭MunkyHed

I only had the net md as aloan off of a friend for a week and i found it handy enough. I think you have to use the open MG software as someone said already that it converts the mp3 data to ATRAC.
    What i did was i added my whole music library to a playlist on open mg and went out for the day. when i came back it was all converted and ready to be easily sent to the MD. Still kinda sucks tho! turned me off buying one for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭davil

r00 it's Dav. Yes that's right the one who used to work with ya!
    That is as long as there's only one Rander00. Anyway I had the same

b*st*rd problem. OPENMG Jukebox is the gayest software ever written

but I'm sure the hackers will get there in the end. Sony's amazing new

copy protection b*lls**t.

Check out these links:

http://www.minidisc.org/NetMD_faq.html#_q83

or

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=f3283e390404de7a52a8987

a84281291&threadid=76309&highlight=openmg

There are links there for Simple burner [us program but I think works

with Euro models] - and it's slightly better but won't let you do

stereo files and only. Still has problems but the best you'll get for now I think

Oh and the new NET MD recorders do it at 64x speed and MP3 players are

only good if you don't mind MP3 quality (sorry Fred). I for one prefer

ATRAC3 and I'm not going to run out and buy an mp3 player just because

the software with the Net MD is cack.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭davil

Apparently RealOne has a NetMD plugin and (I think) can be used to put the same song on as many MDs as you want.

Check out this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=48237

• Advertisement
Advertisement