Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broadband In Ireland - ripoff !

• 09-09-2003 2:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I just moved back to Ireland from France.

In France I could get ADSL internet (unlimited broadband access (512 kbp/s ) for 30 Euros per month, FREE equipment and NO set-up charges. Needless to say I find the offers in Ireland a total rip off - most insipid of all is this fantastic notion of "set-up" charges - in France they post the stuff out, you plug it in yourself and it works! Where's the set-up?

(adsl.free.fr for details (in French)).

ivano

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Yes Broadband by most companies here is a ripoff.

Irish broadband however is quite decent, sure its more expensive but theres no line rental or real equipment charge :

Wireless kit - On loan from them.
    2hr Installation (Pole mounting etc) €160

Cost per month €86 for 1Mb UP / 1Mb DOWN

Symmetrical lines with low contention... I think we are going to see a bit more competing in the Broadband market here on out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

There'll be a press release in the morning regarding this.

Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ivano

Hi,

I don't see why Irish Broadband's offer should be considered such value for money.
    As I don't feel the need for a 1 MB bandwidth, this option doesn't offer me a cheaper alternative to the other players. Perhaps like most people I need to hang onto my landline at the moment so telephone line rental costs don't come into the equation.

Irish Broadband, at 86 a month (for 1 MB) is a different product but not a cheaper product for my needs.

I read an article in one of the Sunday papers how EsatBT's broadband boss was wondering why the take up has been so poor. Maybe it contradicts their extensive market research, but I would say it's down to the most basic of factors, cost!

Ivano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

Originally posted by gombín
    There'll be a press release in the morning regarding this.

Now been put off 'til weekend.

Regards.

Advertisement