Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maplins/ Letter to the Office of the Director of Consumer Affairs

• 09-09-2003 2:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Not quite Rip-Off Ireland in respect of prices, but certainly in respect of customer service. As a result of bad customer service from Maplins following my having bought some faulty product from them, I sent a letter to the ODCA. Rather than duplicate a thread I have already posted in the Technology forum, this is the link to it:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114237

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

I bought some electrical components from them recently. Didn't shop around because I saw they're price promise sign -
    "We guarantee the cheapest prices around"

Went to Peats the next week, and found most of the components I bought at considerably cheaper prices. (as much as 50% cheaper)

I guess I coulda got my money back from Maplin if I held onto the receipt, but I don't think they should have that sign up.

I shoulda shopped in an Irish store initially I guess..

Advertisement