Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pirate game for PC or PS2 ??

Options
  • 09-09-2003 5:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Ye-arrrgh.

Anyone know of anything decent, Pirate game-wise.
    I use to play a cute pirate game on the 520ST a good few years back, nothing worth talking about these days....

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pirates: The Legend of Black Kat for the PS2 is decent if unspectacular - think Drakkan, with pirates instead of dragons. The Pirates of the Caribbean RPG on the PC and Xbox is getting pretty decent reviews, but the big one is Sid Meir's follow up to his classic Pirates! Unfortunately that's not expected for a year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I remember overboard on the PS was quite good. I'm sure you can get an emulator and a Pirates! rom. It's like GTA on the high seas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

On the PC (and PS2), theres the Monkey Island games.

On the PC, the original Pirates was great, plus Port Royale is alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

and there was me with my warezmonkey card at the ready:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Pirate games are banned on this forum. Aha.

I remember Overboard being very good indeed actually. If you can find it, it's probably going for feck all and it'll certainly provide you with a few hours amusement.

There's also a game by the name of Galleon in development, with some of the original Tomb Raider team involved, if I remember. I think t's been in development hell for a good while now though, so I wouldn't get too excited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

While its only on the Dreamcast and Gamecube, I recommend Skies of Arcadia, great pirate-themed RPG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Skies of Arcadia is great. Quite unconventional as pirate stuff goes, though.

Pirates of the Caribbean is pretty decent apparently, although I've had mixed reports. It's a renamed Sea Dogs II, as far as I know, so it should be a lot better than you'd expect from a movie tie-in anyway.

Tropico II is a really fun Sim City style game with pirates...

Oh, and of course there's Bungie's Pimps At Sea! ;)

Originally posted by Shinji
    Oh, and of course there's Bungie's Pimps At Sea! ;)
    o_O
    tell me more... that sounds like my kind of game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

lol, nice to see bungie aren't wasting all their time on halo 2:D
    i wonder if its going to get ported to pc, sounds like a right larf

• Advertisement

pimpcon.jpg

Ph33r.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Pimps At Sea!

Woah, is this for real?? Theres no link on the products page to this game, and a search on IGN returned with no matching products. Looks crazy though.

I'm pretty sure it's for real, unless the Bungie site has been hacked! Shinji has industry contacts and it's possible he got wind of it before IGN.

Can't wait for it myself, that Live! head-set is just fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Heh Pimpcom haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Okay that is just the steel battalion controller with a steering wheel on it..*L* it has to be a joke, cmon people!!! Its pretty bloody funny tho :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It looks obviously like a joke to me but if they did develope it then I think it could be the next GTA. I for one would definitely buy it for the name and controller alone.

Advertisement