Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postman Robbed!!

Options
  • 09-09-2003 8:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi there,

I purchased the Lord of the Rings 1 & 2 from CD Wow and I received only the outer packaging yesterday!! They had a note from An Post on them saying "An Post regrets the delay in returning this item which was recovered having been violated in a postal robbery"

As you can imagine I was sick. Do any of you know if I stand a chance of claiming the money for these back?? I will ring both of the companies this morning but I was look for some advice.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

quelle horror!
    how someone could desecrate LOTR is beyond me!
    Call the post office responsible and ask for the manager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I had the same problem last week.
    I sent a book to my brother who recieved only the envelope.
    The book had been taken out, envelope re-sealed and bunged back in the post!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ack, I'd be raging!

I'll move this to Business/Economy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 no1lfcfan

Just rang cdwow and they are resending the dvd's...........thank God. They were so helpful............they asked me to return the outer cases with the message from An Post to an address in the UK and they said they would even pay for the postage.

As for An Post not one bit helpful (surprise suprise)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good result.... Well done, cdwow.

- Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

You should always register and insure such items, at a post office when sending them. It might cost a few quid, but it means that they’ll pay you for the content should it get stolen/lost. It may also mean that they’ll take better care of it too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Must be terrible for a postman delivering to get robbed. Imagine all the people in the neighbourhoods mail getting swiped.

Its so personal & wrong

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by no1lfcfan
    Just rang cdwow and they are resending the dvd's...........thank God.

Once again CDWOW do a excellent job, if only every company could be like them.

If there was ever a good reason not to even bother buying CD's in shops anymore they are it!
    It makes being off the net a delight as you don't have to worry about being ****ed over.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Got a note from An Post about my postman being robbed yesterday also. They have a pre-printed card for it, it must be common enough.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by blorg
    Got a note from An Post about my postman being robbed yesterday also. They have a pre-printed card for it, it must be common enough.

Well if anything atleast there prepared :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Jokah

An Post are muppets. I use registered courier post only.

Now with their price increases begging for more money......come on.

Advertisement