Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Radio

Options
  • 09-09-2003 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Any listeners? and what channels? not a big fan myself but apparently it's not bad when they're not playing the opera.. I think the channel I was subjected to is called the CIC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

There are chinese radio channels? what's the frequency and is it available in Galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭albertw

Originally posted by Demeant0r
    There are chinese radio channels? what's the frequency and is it available in Galway?

There are a few on shortwave, and so are available anywhere. Though you may need to get a reciever, or find a very old radio!

www.crienglish.com should list the frequencies and times for China Radio International.

The news in recent years from this and other channels seems to be tailored for western audiences. They dont say anything like what they used to say about the US. (Ah the happy memories of `American Imperialists` from Radio Moscow...). But its worth listening to for the different perspective.

Cheers,
    ~Al

Thanks for that info Albert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

Is Anna Livia (Dublin) still broadcasting a programme in Chinese? I remember there was one a few years back, presented by a lady called "Dodo".

Doodoo? that cantonese celebrity, she's very famous in hong Kong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

I don't know Doodoo but Dodo lives in Dublin and her show was presented in Mandarin.

Advertisement