Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skangers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

SA = South Africa.
    It says alot that he would prefer to return to a post-apartheid country that is apparently ravaged by violent crime where decent citizens have to barricade themselves into their homes than deal with the daily scum in our cities here in friendly old Erin, the land of the thousand stanley-blade weilding scangers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dubaim

Are skangers just a Dublin (Cork/Limerick) thing?

I can see exactly who you mean, in Dublin, but I don't see that many/any in the towns. Am I wrong?

Anyone else living outside the capital, what's your opinion on tihs?

Now, I am distinguishing skangers from Travellers, or in this thread somewhere have they become intertwined?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭IgnatiusJRiley

Originally posted by dubaim

The way I look at it is that everywhere has their knackers (or red-kneck) but Dublin has a super-breed of knacker, i.e. the Skanger.
    The knacker you can more-often-than-not ignore but the skanger... well the skanger is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Cork has it's fair share of knackers as well. Pretty much the same as the dublin breed except the cork knacker accent is sort of deep and the dublin knacker accent tends to be more high-pitched and shrill.

The first thing I noticed when moving from Cork to Dublin was the sounds coming from the back of the bus. In cork it sounds like a gorilla or an elephant or some other large creature having an ejaculation when they get over excited. In Dublin when they get all hyper and over excited it's like listening to a cave of bats or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

Originally posted by dubaim

I can see exactly who you mean, in Dublin, but I don't see that many/any in the towns. Am I wrong?

Anyone else living outside the capital, what's your opinion on tihs?

Now, I am distinguishing skangers from Travellers, or in this thread somewhere have they become intertwined?

No you get the the same inbred looking, tracksuit wearing, sovereign wielding scangers all over the UK and Ireland, and Eastern Europe for some reason too. I haven't seen any in countries like France, Germany, or Italy.

If you were watch some shows on BBC 2 about working class families in the UK you will see a lot of skangers. Also places like Glasgow have a lot also.

Do skangers know they are skangers? Do you know everytime they insult someone on the bus for askign them to stop smoking, or when someone asks them to turn off they mobile in the cinema, or when they are shouting at their friend who is usually 100m away at the time?

• Advertisement

In Glasgow and Edinburgh they are known as NEDs: Non-Educated Dregs (of society). I think it's a good name. It also helps to distinguish better between the sometimes overlapping connotations of skanger and knacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I would suggest something which we could put in the water which would steralise them....skangers breed skangers.

And yes...i think dublin has a breed of super skanger which has occured due to so much inbreeeding of the skanger gene that it has resulted in a pure strain of skangerism.

Also if anyone would like to form a hit squad to rid the city of these social burden then please PM me.

I'm only kidding about the hitsquad thing.

Originally posted by Peace
    I would suggest something which we could put in the water which would steralise them....skangers breed skangers.

And yes...i think dublin has a breed of super skanger which has occured due to so much inbreeeding of the skanger gene that it has resulted in a pure strain of skangerism.

Also if anyone would like to form a hit squad to rid the city of these social burden then please PM me.
    The something in the water idea is probably a better idea than ixoy's plan which involves rounding them up and shooting them. Of course in a civilised society we are unfortunately restrained from actually killing them.
    It would obviously be the kindest thing to introduce some of the methods of eugenics and enforced sterilisation.

At the moment, there is a voluntary group in America who pay drug addicts to stop having children and voluntarily elect for sterilisation, and thus stem the vicious circle of drug addiction and poverty caused by having several children born with drug addictions and HIV. This programme may sound abhorrent to some people, but it is completely voluntary on the part of the drug addicts . I'll try and find some links later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Originally posted by ColinM
    The something in the water idea is probably a better idea than ixoy's plan which involves rounding them up and shooting them. Of course in a civilised society we are unfortunately restrained from actually killing them.
    It would obviously be the kindest thing to introduce some of the methods of eugenics and enforced sterilisation.

At the moment, there is a voluntary group in America who pay drug addicts to stop having children and voluntarily elect for sterilisation, and thus stem the vicious circle of drug addiction and poverty caused by having several children born with drug addictions and HIV. This programme may sound abhorrent to some people, but it is completely voluntary on the part of the drug addicts . I'll try and find some links later.

The only problem i have with that programme is the word voluntary.

The only problem i have with that programme is the word voluntary.

and the word "pay"

• Advertisement

Pity :(

What do you call a skanger in a white shell suit?
    The Bride

Why does the river liffey run through dublin?
    If it walked it'd get mugged

MORE SCANGER JOKES...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

Yip, i have seen a few 'super skangers' about. They are the ones who look deformed and would steal the eye out of your head as soon as look at you.

One of these were on the radio once, he brandished 15 sovereign rings daily. Don't worry, it didn't affect his job, as he never had one. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Originally posted by bloggs
    Yip, i have seen a few 'super skangers' about. They are the ones who look deformed and would steal the eye out of your head as soon as look at you.

One of these were on the radio once, he brandished 15 sovereign rings daily. Don't worry, it didn't affect his job, as he never had one. :rolleyes:

oh god quick someone call the army this must be stopped immediatly a super skanger breed my god where all doomed i'll get some napalm and a flamethrower if were lucky we can burn em out!!

I have a better solution :

nacks.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 adjo

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill vote for that util or should i say milkshake man

Originally posted by adjo
    YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill vote for that util or should i say milkshake man

shup you ye fukin nack0r

y0u is teh nuked m0f0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Originally posted by MrJoeSoap
    This is my first post on this thread but I am the most "anti-skanger" person you will find. These people are the lowest of the low, bottom of the barrel scum on this earth. As I type this, a group of these neanderthols are gathered 60 metres to my left, firing incredibly loud and high-powered fireworks at my house and others on my road. My house gets particular attention because of my dads profession, he's a Juvenile Liason Officer (A Gard) who tries to deal with these scum as they go before the courts. I get incredible abuse over my dads profession, and it has totally convinced me not to follow in my fathers footsteps. If hating these tracksuit wearing, schwaa-talking morons is being racist then I'm Adolf Hitler. Two days ago, my friend was mugged for his €300 phone standing at a bus stop outside my estate by these "lowlifes with knives". Every single time I go into town, I see these people and I shudder at the sight. AND THEY MOST CERTAINLY ARE NOT PRODUCTS OF THEIR ENVIRONMENTS, etc.. etc... OK, so some areas do produce large numbers of these people, but in my estate, where I have lived for the 18 short years of my life, there are plenty of these morons who have also grown up just yards from me. I know there is very little that we can do about these people so me and my friends have decided to move away, to leave this country, this continent, and the fast growing minority of scum who make my every move a nightmare. I plan on moving to Calgary, Canada, a city of over 500,000 people, which see's less car crime in a year than this city does in a night. At a Bohemians-Shelbourne match in Dalymount Park Phibsboro last year, we returned from a great night of football to find my dads passenger window smashed. Nothing was stolen, it was just obviously a "bit of fun" for some of these thugs. I have had so many other run-ins with these people it is not even worth listing them.

Thanks for your time, and please appreciate my right to an opinion.

Yours,
    The Soapster

I completely agree with you! I live close to these skangers too, and I ****ing detest them. For anyone trying to defend them, try travelling upstairs on the 27 bus sometime.
    At the moment I'm in Calgary, and I'm really torn between moving here or moving to some remote part of western Ireland, definitely won't be staying in Dublin. Calgary is literally a breath of fresh air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

the skangers arent that bad. they control the knackers. anyways im livin in germany now , so those mad b@stards arent a problem 4 me anymore. however, i do slightly miss there funny, quaint little accents. and german scumbags are pretty bad. therefore i propose the "International Scumbag Exchange Programme", because what would be more interesting than getting to see scumbags from all around the world! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

yeah, we don't like yucky cats goin round but they take care of the rats, tis a viscious circle, someones' gotta do it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 charlene

Utility,
    I'd hate for you to really nuke them all if that's what it says
    seeing that the block in the picture is the one that my family live in. I must say a splended choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Originally posted by loismustdie
    for **** sake, they're people - just like them there are ravers, grungers, business people, studious types or whatever. everyone is different. out of all the people in the world they can't all be the same or every single person cannot be different. that's how fashions begin and everyone can be put in a group if you're sad enough to bother stereotypin them

an when you're in argos in future you should try thinkin about what you went in to buy or where you're going next because you should live your own life, i doubt the "skangers" waste their time thinkin about you

Couldn't be arsed browsing through the whole 18 pages. But so far this is the only post that I can take seriously. I was reading all the posts up to this one and thinking "My god, what's with all the hatred on this thread. Why do these folks have so much hatred for 'skangers'?" I see people with blind hatred for skangers every day and they're all against racism but then they turn around with this huge hatred for the group that has been so kindly dubbed as skangers. Maybe these people I know have a different definition of skanger than you people have, but theirs seems to be someone who has a kind of rough accent, using slang along the lines of "DEADLY BUZZ", and who dresses in reebok/addidas/what have you. As soon as you have these things, you're gonna be hated by those people.

Anyway, loismustdie, you're damn right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

Seriously now. How long have the people that are supporting these skangers lived in Ireland? God! Do you know what they are like, I live in Blanch, not many, but quite alot still. Alot of my friends HAVE and/or nearly been mugged by skangers..... and WAIT!
    It's ONLY skangers that have mugged or nearly mugged my mates..... the ones with the typical dress code and obvious accents

loismustdie and co. ....... you're blinded with idioticy(SP?):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

personally i have a hatred towards them, and i'm not gonna try to deny it. mainly because i've been mugged or just had the **** kicked outta me so many times by them i find it hard not to hate them! now i know not all skangers have mugged me, or beat me up, but, i dont wanna take the chance to get to know the rest of them any more than i want to be gang-raped in the phoenix park!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

quote...
    Originally posted by MrJoeSoap
    This is my first post on this thread but I am the most "anti-skanger" person you will find. These people are the lowest of the low, bottom of the barrel scum on this earth. As I type this, a group of these neanderthols are gathered 60 metres to my left, firing incredibly loud and high-powered fireworks at my house and others on my road. My house gets particular attention because of my dads profession, he's a Juvenile Liason Officer (A Gard) who tries to deal with these scum as they go before the courts. I get incredible abuse over my dads profession, and it has totally convinced me not to follow in my fathers footsteps. If hating these tracksuit wearing, schwaa-talking morons is being racist then I'm Adolf Hitler. Two days ago, my friend was mugged for his €300 phone standing at a bus stop outside my estate by these "lowlifes with knives". Every single time I go into town, I see these people and I shudder at the sight. AND THEY MOST CERTAINLY ARE NOT PRODUCTS OF THEIR ENVIRONMENTS, etc.. etc... OK, so some areas do produce large numbers of these people, but in my estate, where I have lived for the 18 short years of my life, there are plenty of these morons who have also grown up just yards from me. I know there is very little that we can do about these people so me and my friends have decided to move away, to leave this country, this continent, and the fast growing minority of scum who make my every move a nightmare. I plan on moving to Calgary, Canada, a city of over 500,000 people, which see's less car crime in a year than this city does in a night. At a Bohemians-Shelbourne match in Dalymount Park Phibsboro last year, we returned from a great night of football to find my dads passenger window smashed. Nothing was stolen, it was just obviously a "bit of fun" for some of these thugs. I have had so many other run-ins with these people it is not even worth listing them.

Thanks for your time, and please appreciate my right to an opinion.

Yours,
    The Soapster

i have to say i think i have a lil more hatred for them than ANYONE, we should get together sometime, i think we'd get on quite well,,,,

in my eyes these people are the lowest form of human beings on earth!! a few years ago me and my friend were in the square in talla, it was quite late, but SIX scum decided to start on me because of WOT I WAS WEARIN(go figure) we ended up beatin the **** outta them(teh most joyous moment of my life),,,

in my 5 years of living in talla, my mothers car windows have been broken FIVE times, my bro's car was broken into THREE times, one time he interrupted their fun and chased them away, they came back ten minutes later with some friends and decided to throw a FIVE FOOT steel pole through our front room window, nearly hitting my mother, also from stuff like that we have had constant stones at the window and fireworks through the letter box, but by far the worst was when my bro's girlfriends car was TORCHED right in the front ****in garden,,

so to ANYONE who tries to defend these ****in pricks.. FUK U!!,
    come and live where i live for a week and we'll see if u feel the same way!!

u say ur da is a gard and this has turned u away from being the same thing, i am the opposite, next year i'm applyin to be a gard and god help any of these fukrs.. anyway, i'd love to move out of this ****hole(ireland) but i feel i have a duty to stay and help other people who have gone through wot my family has gone through,,

anyone ho disagrees with me in anyway, i dont give a fukk.. kiss my ass

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

exactly! crucifixion is too good for these bstrds!
    i live down by the rds, which luckily is quite a good area, but once a year the magical funderland comes to town! scum of the world unite. every year we have to pay hundreds on replacing windows that had full bottles of beer flung thru them or car windows smashed etc etc, you get the picture. i know it isn't as bad as some of you have to face daily, but theres something scary about walking outside and seeign 600 scumbags outside your house at the busstop. lol. surprisingly never been beaten up there tho, thats alwatys elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

i think we should form a social club,, no skangers allowed of course!!

by the by,, i have decided that in the last days of my like, I WILL buy myself a baseball bat, insert a rather large rusty nail in the end of it and proceed to walk around my estate in talla and begin to beat the living **** out of anyone i see sittin on a wall in freezin cold temperatures, drinkin a can of dutch gold or have a 3 litre bottle of cider, askin each other ''got any skinz bud?sound'', pretty much everybody in my estate..

i say i'll do it in the last days of my life as it seems pointless to go to jail for years,if i wait, i will have lived a long prosperous life and shall die happily:)

anyone who thinks i'm jokin, keep an eye out in the news in bout 50years;)

anyways, who's up for the club?

Originally posted by charlene
    Utility,
    I'd hate for you to really nuke them all if that's what it says
    seeing that the block in the picture is the one that my family live in. I must say a splended choice.

Yeah we'd lose a few innocents in the process of the 'Cleansing', however it would be for the good of the entire nation, if not the world.

Of course, I wouldn't really nuke 'the knacks' - I'm not a total asshole! I wouldn't waste the price of a nuke on those knackers...I mean, why use a nuke when conventional explosives would probably do the job just as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

tbh i cant stand the ****ers there all jus inconsiderate bastards i dont really care about how they dress but they jus knobs only thing that makes me not ben proud of irish is them they jus giv every1 a hard time.and they jus start on yah for no reason
    my friend got a stone in the head by one of them b4.we was jus walkin through the area and then started thrown stuff at us and he had to go to hospital to get stitches i dont c how any1 could support them..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

exactly. were not judging them on their horrible clothes or ridiculous accents, but because they all act like ass holes all the time. they mug people, intimidate people, and also count as optical pollution cos of their ugly faces and little taches.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement