Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skangers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Look you're obviously a moronic, inbred, lower class knacker scumbag so Ill try to make this clear for you.

I DONT HATE YOU BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU WEAR, I HATE YOU BECAUSE OF WHO YOU ARE!

Originally posted by Skanger
    If any of you people actually understood the people you call scum/knackers/skangers, chances are you wouldn't get attacked or robed, or insulted, quiet as much.

But why do we have to understand them to be safe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

oh my gawd! big bold font.....

The intelligence level has reached a new low.....well done....one for the wesley POSSEY

Nothing wrong with a guy wanting to get some poontang now and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Atreides

Who said life was safe? Do you not think that maybe these people sense you hate them, and in that way its provokes them? Maybe your the one in the wrong, or maybe it just a cicle.

It reminds me of something, Guy turns to another guy an asks, why did those kids do that, guy replies, if i knew that maybe they wouldn't do it.

• Advertisement

Who said life was safe? Do you not think that maybe these people sense you hate them, and in that way its provokes them? Maybe your the one in the wrong, or maybe it just a cicle.

I hate them because of what they do, yes it might be a circle, but it is one started and continued by them.
    Oh he hates us, lets bash him until he loves us again.

And the Lord said rejoice...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Who said life was safe? Do you not think that maybe these people sense you hate them, and in that way it provokes them? Maybe you're the one in the wrong, or maybe it's just a circle.

Sorry? What? So it works like this then:

1) Skangers hit people
    2) People fear skangers
    3) Skangers go "oh roight fookin deadly man sorted" because they know people fear them so they can now go back to 1.

... or are you trying to tell us skangers really want a big hug, to be told that someone loves them and that there's no need to hurt each other when we can go off together and paint rainbows? :rolleyes:

I mean to use people's - fairly reasonable - fear as a justification for their actions is absurd and insulting to the many people who don't have to adopt their risible social morales.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sillisome fiend

Do you not think that maybe these people sense you hate them, and in that way its provokes them? Maybe your the one in the wrong, or maybe it just a cicle.

I dont know about other people but I never had anything against "skangers" until they started slagging me because the way I dress and even because of the ****ing make up I wear! Now they say they're gonna "rip me to pieces" or "kick me head in" just because I'm not what they think is the norm. whats the point?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Atreides

One thing I've leant is that if you treat people like animals they act like animals, but if you treat them with some respect they might just surprise you. Some won't, of that there is little doubt, but being small minded about it doesn't help.

ixoy: Sangre is making a series of huge jumps in logic, He sees someone wearing Nike, that implies they are a skanger, that implies they are the same as the people who have attacked/robbed him in the the past, that implies these people will do the same, that implies it is right to hate them and treat them like dirt without them actually doing anything to you.

Take a step back a minute and think of this from a foreigners point of view, they see no difference between a Skanger and any other Irish person, if they are attacked/abused/robbed they go away with the impression that all Irish will do the same and act in the same way. I'm the most down to earth person you could meet, yet you would instantly associate myself with being scum merely because of how I look and how I talk, not on how I act. Do you see the problem here? You should judge a man on his deeds not on anything else, would you ask any less of yourself.

How pissed off would you be if you told someone "yea I go to such and such a school/college" and they said, "well only scum come from that place, so you must be scum". That's what your saying here, if your from certain areas if you speak a certain way, if you where certain closes, then your scum. You can claim you hate skangers because of there actions, but many of the people you would group into that class of people have never do anything wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sillisome fiend

about the nike thing...I have friends who wear nike and they're anything but skangers.What you wear has nothing to do with it
    And just because of the area in which a person lives doesn't make them a skanger. They're everywhere!!!

• Advertisement

ixoy: Sangre is making a series of huge jumps in logic, He sees someone wearing Nike, that implies they are a skanger, that implies they are the same as the people who have attacked/robbed him in the the past, that implies these people will do the same, that implies it is right to hate them and treat them like dirt without them actually doing anything to you.

uhh..no im not, this thread is months old so you might want to read my actual posts instead of my inflammatory posts directed at some of the less intelligent on boards....

Im saying, if I get hassle (none in ages now) that it is someone dressed like a knacker, this mean I am going to be street smart and try and avoid confrontation with these peoples or avoid them altogether. If i see people dressed like knackers drinking cans on the street, I know they will cause me hassle if I walk through them or too close. I dont go a different way, I just would rather not walk near them.

Also you have to understand, Im from quite a well-off area, so anyone dressed like this is either picking on the 'snobbies' or a pathetic wannabe scumbag rebel fight the system type. Either way, they're trouble.

Originally posted by Sangre
    uhh..no im not, this thread is months old so you might want to read my actual posts instead of my inflammatory posts directed at some of the less intelligent on boards....

Im saying, if I get hassle (none in ages now) that it is someone dressed like a knacker, this mean I am going to be street smart and try and avoid confrontation with these peoples or avoid them altogether. If i see people dressed like knackers drinking cans on the street, I know they will cause me hassle if I walk through them or too close. I dont go a different way, I just would rather not walk near them.

Also you have to understand, Im from quite a well-off area, so anyone dressed like this is either picking on the 'snobbies' or a pathetic wannabe scumbag rebel fight the system type. Either way, they're trouble.

What a sad way to have to live your life...really I'm not getting at you but i feel sorry for you...you can't even walk in the direction you choose you're that afraid....

how odd. do many people do this ?

He never said he goes a different way when he sees the knacks...

Like most people, the thought of having to walk through a group of these people makes me think "ughh....not again..."
    I wouldn't go a different way because of the cretins, but rather just have them not be there...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Emboss,
    Is it right to assume you have never had the living daylights kicked out of you by six skangers for sitting in the park having a break. No. Didn't think so.

I'll admit it, I'm fvcking terrified to walk past a group of skangers, I'm fvcking terrified to walk past one!

I've been beaten up waaay too many times for my liking. I have never once done anything to provoke it or give anyone any reason to attack me. I don't look like a D4 head or anything like that either. In fact I look homeless in comparisson. As far as I can see, any time I've been kicked about has been for the amusement of a "tough" group of lads, yeah, tough, 4 on 1, 6 on 1, etc etc, you know, what tough men do in life.

Whether its right or wrong, I will always judge all skangers the same because of what some have done to me. I'd rather be wrong and avoid them than get the **** kicked out of me again. Odd as that may be.

I'm sure many people here are the same. Some skangers paint a bad name for everyone that apears like that. Same way some of those "roysh boys" in their rugby jerseys and driving around on daddy's insurance in a BMW paint a bad name for everyone who appears like that. The difference is, you can leave daddys little rich boy on his own, fvck him, and not worry about him. A skanger on the other hand will always be perceived as a threat (in my eyes).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

Emoboss, i seriosuly think you are a skanger in denial that is excluded fromyour herd.
    OR
    You could be trying just to piss us all off.

Just to say, all the skangers i have known of, just listen to Rap/Hip-Hop, kinda suspicious the way ur moderating that forum:rolleyes: im not accusing anything, ALOT of ppl like Rap and they aint skangers, but of all the skangers i have known throughout my life just like rap.......

anywho

I go to Coolmine, and it is seen as a Skanger school, people say, "omg u go der, dat means ur a skanger" etc etc

and NO! i dont really care

Originally posted by Emboss
    What a sad way to have to live your life...really I'm not getting at you but i feel sorry for you...you can't even walk in the direction you choose you're that afraid....

how odd. do many people do this ?

Now you're just trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

trolling? what is this?

Originally posted by quank
    Emoboss, i seriosuly think you are a skanger in denial that is excluded fromyour herd.
    OR
    You could be trying just to piss us all off.

Just to say, all the skangers i have known of, just listen to Rap/Hip-Hop, kinda suspicious the way ur moderating that forum:rolleyes: im not accusing anything, ALOT of ppl like Rap and they aint skangers, but of all the skangers i have known throughout my life just like rap.......

anywho

I go to Coolmine, and it is seen as a Skanger school, people say, "omg u go der, dat means ur a skanger" etc etc

and NO! i dont really care

tbh I'm far too old to be a skanger....

and as for music here we go....

now it's music/drugs/clothes/rings/accents

can you not judge people as idividuals rather than on clothing and taste of music ?

yes i mod that forum what has rap/hip hop got to do with being a skanger *confused*

surley i'm a wannabe GANGSTAH ?

plus i can't get a shioney nike tracksuit that fits...

not at all genuine sympathy

Originally posted by Einstürzende
    Emboss,
    Is it right to assume you have never had the living daylights kicked out of you by six skangers for sitting in the park having a break. No. Didn't think so.

I'll admit it, I'm fvcking terrified to walk past a group of skangers, I'm fvcking terrified to walk past one!

I've been beaten up waaay too many times for my liking. I have never once done anything to provoke it or give anyone any reason to attack me. I don't look like a D4 head or anything like that either. In fact I look homeless in comparisson. As far as I can see, any time I've been kicked about has been for the amusement of a "tough" group of lads, yeah, tough, 4 on 1, 6 on 1, etc etc, you know, what tough men do in life.

Whether its right or wrong, I will always judge all skangers the same because of what some have done to me. I'd rather be wrong and avoid them than get the **** kicked out of me again. Odd as that may be.

I'm sure many people here are the same. Some skangers paint a bad name for everyone that apears like that. Same way some of those "roysh boys" in their rugby jerseys and driving around on daddy's insurance in a BMW paint a bad name for everyone who appears like that. The difference is, you can leave daddys little rich boy on his own, fvck him, and not worry about him. A skanger on the other hand will always be perceived as a threat (in my eyes).

you would be right in thinking....

although I have had my house broken into...

I have had a car stolen.....

but i don't go around branding a large part of the population because of the people that broke into my house/car they didn't leave a nike card...so i don't know if they were skangers...they could have been profesional welll dressed strokers from D4

:o

• Advertisement

but i don't go around branding a large part of the population because of the people that broke into my house/car they didn't leave a nike card...so i don't know if they were skangers...they could have been profesional welll dressed strokers from D4

1) What is the god-honest liklihood in that?

2) You don't know who did it, I know every time I've been beaten or mugged it's been complete fvcking scumbags. I've never been kiced about, mugged, or even started on by a D4 head or indie kid or anyone else. So 'I' believe my hatred and disgust of skangers is therefore justified because I perceive them as a dangerous threat.

You can hate "well dressed strokers from D4" all you want, but as you said, you don't know who robbed your house or car, so it would be slightly unjustified to just pick a random group of people and hate them for it, but at the same time you are entitled to your opinion, just as everyone else here is.

Originally posted by Einstürzende
    1) What is the god-honest liklihood in that?

2) You don't know who did it, I know every time I've been beaten it's been complete fvcking scumbags. I've never been beaten or even started on by a D4 head or indie kid or anyone else. So 'I' believe my hatred and disgust of skangers is therefore justified because I perceive them as a dangerous threat.

You can hate "well dressed strokers from D4" all you want, but as you said, you don't know who robbed your house or car, so it would be slightly unjustified to just pick a random group of people and hate them for it, but at the same time you are entitled to your opinion, just as everyone else here is.

it wasn't profesionals from D4!!! oh the shock....<sarcasim> tags really should be used more often...

I don't hate any group of people i judge people on an individual basis and everyone gets one chance till they **** it up they're ok with me....

Your right I have no idea who robbed my house that's why i don't say some bunch of 'skangers' robbed my house....

Your missing the point as is most people....

you can't tar everyone that wears the same clothes as a bunch of people that kicked the living daylights out of you with the same brush...

is andre agassi a skanger ? he wears nike tracksuits...loves hip/hop wears gold rings....hmmm

circles......walking...round..round....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Carpo

can you not judge people as idividuals rather than on clothing and taste of music ?

What are you suggesting here? That he should 'get to know them a bit' before desciding if he should be afraid of them on an indiviual basis? Ask them to fill out a brief questionaire before passing them in the street?

The fact of the matter is that when all you know about a person is what they look like then you having nothing else to judge them by other than what they wear/how they carry themselves/how they speak/whatever. This may not always be fair, but when you afraid of getting the sh*t kicked out of you (again) what else are you going to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

also there body language is agressive so your obviously goin to feel that off them and be threatened!

they have always been but not as many!

Originally posted by Carpo
    What are you suggesting here? That he should 'get to know them a bit' before desciding if he should be afraid of them on an indiviual basis? Ask them to fill out a brief questionaire before passing them in the street?

The fact of the matter is that when all you know about a person is what they look like then you having nothing else to judge them by other than what they wear/how they carry themselves/how they speak/whatever. This may not always be fair, but when you afraid of getting the sh*t kicked out of you (again) what else are you going to do?

like i said..it's just going around in circles...

do nothing.....live in fear....be a muppet...when they look at you put your head down look down at the ground and pray they don't come over and 'bleedin kill ye' eventually pass by without being harmed (if you're lucky) and sigh and wonder what sort of a girl you really are...and maybe someday you'll actually grow a pair of balls and walk by without any fear.....

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The Skangers are wearing the tracksuits. Its not the Tracksuits thats make the Skangers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

do nothing.....live in fear....be a muppet...when they look at you put your head down look down at the ground and pray they don't come over and 'bleedin kill ye' eventually pass by without being harmed (if you're lucky) and sigh and wonder what sort of a girl you really are...and maybe someday you'll actually grow a pair of balls and walk by without any fear.....

jesus h. christ you must be the one person in this country that hasnt been sttacked by scumbags. youre being naive.

what do you mean "live in fear , be a muppet"
    youre saying im a muppet cos im afraid of 18 drunken scumbags who are itching to beat the crap out of me?

youre saying im a girl cos i dont want to get mugged?
    come on, everyone knows that drunken knackers late at night are nothing but trouble!

if it was only one drunken skanger late at night , i would still avoid him, as it is HUMAN NATURE TO AVOID PEOPLE WHO LOOK LIKE THEY ARE GONNA START ON YOU!

No, you're missing the point. How'm I a muppet for being afraid of being beaten up again, it's not enjoyable now, nor was it ever enjoyable. It's happened too many times.

I really couldn't give two fvcks how the scum of the earth perceive me if I keep my eyes on the ground as I walk past them. If I was to look at them the likelihood is I'd get the "Whata yeu bleedin' looking at" end of things, which I don't want. I can walk by w/o fear and get the sh1t kicked outta me again, or I can try to keep to myself and hope I blend in with the background. Once I don't get attacked again for no reason I don't care. The first few times I ignored it, passed it off as a bad incident, but it's happened to me so many times for no reason - half the times I wasn't even aware they were there cuz they came up behind me.

Not everyone in a bloody tracksuit is a threat, but you can easily see who is or who is likely to be.

Maybe if you had the sh1t kicked out of you many times by groups of people that dress look walk talk and act the same you'd be afraid of them too, quite frankly crucifixion is too good for them.

Cruel as it may be, maybe you should have the sh1t kicked out of you multiple times so your eyes would be opened to the other side of things. At the minute all you can do is say how everyones wrong and you cant paint people with the same brush etc. Try getting kicked about several times and see how your attitude changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

ok. how about, you prove yourself right emboss.
    next time you see some locked skangers on the dart or at a street corner, try and stare them out of it! give them a really angry frown. why? to prove that youre not a girl like the rest of us!
    haha tell us how it goes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Carpo

So now I'm a muppet, a girl, living in fear and lacking in balls because I'd prefer to avoid getting beaten up? Sorry but that makes no sense to me.

Theres also a big differance between 'living in fear' and erring on the side of caution. I might get splattered by a bus while crossing the road but the possibilty is hardly keeping me up at nights. I'm just cautious enough to use pedestrian crossings or look both ways before I cross the road. Maybe I should just 'stitch the bus a bleedin loaf' next time to show how hard I am.

:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement