Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skangers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Some guy got robbed last night, and they caught the guys, they were all skangers. Kicked in his front door at 3am or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Originally posted by Emboss
    hmm yes E that's why and the end of 'raves' all you see are big brawls because E and coke make you want to kill people....what planet are you living on...further more who the hell are you buying your drugs off ?

Its obvious you don't have a clue. Drugs have different effects on different people and different people take them for different reasons. The rave generation don't have the monopoly on E, yanno. We test these guys for different drugs at the clinic I work in and a lot of them are messed up on Amphetamines, E etc. And no, they aren't taking them to get 'loved up'. And I'll also tell you that when they are like this, they ARE dangerous. And if you think you know different, well next time you see a skanger who's pupils are all over the place, go over and rattle his cage and see what happens!!!
    As for the whole black belt thing you mentioned, I'm faaaar from a blackbelt. That said, I don't rely on martial arts in situations like these. At that time, I saw an opportunity and took it. Another time, the opportunity might come where I can do a legger and I'd take it.
    You're just hiding behind generalisations here and dumbing the whole thread down. Try living in the here and now, why don't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

First of all I'd like to say that this is one of the better threads I've read .... I took me nearly 2 hours to read all 22 pages!!

Secondly, IMO, you shouldn't judge a person by the clothes they wear, the area they are from or the nickname they have!!

But I have to admit that I've had a few scrapes with so called skangers in my time, so as a result, I'm wary when I see people who display similar characteristics/traits as the stereotypical skanger ... which I readily admit is very unfair on those who ultimately are not skangers!!

It's not about fear, it's more about self preservation .... If I have to I'll stand up & be counted, but I'd rather not have to!!

Finally, I'd like to ask a question of all the people who say that all/most of people who display the stereotypical characteristics of a skanger are skangers.

My name is Damian, but all my friends [& even sometimes my boss & clients] call me Damo .... does that make me a skanger?

I live in Tallaght & have done for 20+ years [admittedly in a Private Housing Estate] .... does that make me a skanger?

When not wearing a suit , I like nothing better than wearing a pair of tracksuit bottoms/jeans, t-shirt & nike runners .... does that make me a skanger?

When not in the office, I wear an earring .... does that make me a skanger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by ferdi
    jesus, your mad tuff.:rolleyes: i'm not a scrawny shyte but if 9 scumbags attacked me, i'd be ****ed.

as for AW...we cant all fight crime like you and your side-kicks and i wouldnt automatical headbutt the little shyt like your mate coz i know that 10 of their inbred mates are around the corner. does it make you guys more manly that you were lucky that either there were not 20 of them of that one of werent stabbed...use the head, its all very well "Put these ****ing idiots in their place" but it dosnt always turn out so nicely.

having said this, these fvcks cant continue to intimidate people - something must be done, but i dont know what. for now i'll just be avoiding the following: housing estates at night in anywhere but foxrock, any areas with a bad rep at night and generally avoiding the chance of getting started on by these fvcks/

Honest to ****ing god...

Let me spell it out for you!

STOP WHINGING STAND UP FOR YOURSELF!

Dont talk to me about groups of Skangers, I've been in many a scuff with them, and luck has NOTHING to do with it. No matter if they were in their thousands, you knock one or two on their asses, and half of them will run a mile. They're all a cowardly bunch of ****s, and once you lot get it into your heads the problem is solved.

So, dont come along and say that "These fvcks cant continue to intimadate people. something must be done!" when you're basically telling someone who's standing up to the 'Fvcks' that he's an idiot for doing so.

Please allow me to extend my middle finger to you, and show you just how much I respect your opinion on this matter.
    you don't need martial arts like angelwhore mentioned...just stick up for yourself get some balls...

Well, I've done Tae Kwon Do and Judo, which hasn't hindered me in the lease. But no, you dont need any black belt to know that if you kick a ****er in the balls, he's not gonna be hassling you.

That pic Ferdi posted is a great example.
    If you smacked that big ****er in the middle a good one, and perhaps knocked down the ****er with the coin rings on left, then every single one of those ****s would be gone like a fart in the wind.

And if you're all so bothered with these idiots and their thuggery of the innocent bystander, why not break a few fingers when their down? Make a few threats, tell them you'll kill them next time you see 'em.

Honestly though, I'm not a violent person.
    I dont like to be angry, I like to be a mellow person.
    But at the same time I dont want to have the **** kicked out of me for looking the wrong way at some ****head skanger. And when push comes to shove, you'll find that NONE of them are half as hard as they like to act, and 99% of the time, they're gonna run it if they think you can give them the slightest poke.

Everyone here knows that they're only tough when they're in groups, so what do you think is going to go through the mind of the average skanger when he sees his leader, the biggest, hardest, toughest member of his group get the **** kicked out of him in seconds?

And lets not forget the **** that they wear, especially the nikes.
    So they're not gonna do as much damage as someone wearing a pair of Docs, or very well a pair of New Rocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Originally posted by PhatFiesta
    Finally, I'd like to ask a question of all the people who say that all/most of people who display the stereotypical characteristics of a skanger are skangers.

My name is Damian, but all my friends [& even sometimes my boss & clients] call me Damo .... does that make me a skanger?

I live in Tallaght & have done for 20+ years [admittedly in a Private Housing Estate] .... does that make me a skanger?

When not wearing a suit , I like nothing better than wearing a pair of tracksuit bottoms/jeans, t-shirt & nike runners .... does that make me a skanger?

When not in the office, I wear an earring .... does that make me a skanger?
    Sorry, but I can't resist this: YEAH!!

• Advertisement

I suppose I'd better make a serious post though.

Really it might have been better if this thread had not been allowed to go on so long because obviously people new to it are not reading all the previous posts. Many points that people are making now have already been made several times before.

Some of the most common recurrent points are:
      Not all tracksuits are worn by knackers/scangers, but all knackers/scangers wear tracksuits. And in a similar vein:
    'tis is not the tracksuit that maketh the scanger but rather it is a state of mind.

Scangers/knackers are bad. They are of no use to society, unless of course shoplifting, taking drugs and intimidating, mugging or beating up ordinary decent citizens is useful.

It is actually ok to assume that someone who looks like a scanger is a scanger. Although it is a noble ideal to give everybody the benefit of the doubt, it would be naive in the extreme to do this. It's ok to prejudge them because to do so is necessary for self preservation - no matter whether you choose to run or fight, you need to be aware that scanger equals trouble.

Ireland and the world would be a better place if we could get rid of scangers/knackers. When I say "get rid of", I mean kill en masse - as in a "final solution", or at the very least sterilise them all so that when they die there will be no one to succeed them. Some people find that idea more palatable.

This thread has given people the ability to express these views, and they have been expressed many times in this thread. While I'm pleased to see that some people aren't afraid to say how they really feel about this subject, I'm genuinely surprised that there hasn't been any input worth noting from the loved-up politically correct brigade here opposing these views. Why aren't there the usual number of people here posting that scangers and knackers are people too and are equal in every way to everyone else? Surely scangers and knackers should be loved and cherished, and not actually rounded up and put into concentration camps? Where are the usual people that can be counted on to come along with their oh so "correct" opinions in defense of the rights of these human vermin?

Incidentally, how come scangers are not an "ethnic group" yet? Is it because we are all having so much difficulty definining exactly what a scanger is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

Originally posted by Skanger
    In Fairness you did say your old, and maybe out of the loop, but coke is a major problem in Dublin at the moment, and I know several lads he have been in serious trouble as a result. As for E, thing is allot of people (I know on drugs anyway) seem to take heroine to counteract the effects of E when the nights over, which itself can lead to trouble.

i'm 25 not 70 the reason for smoking the heroin is to take the fuzzy edge of the come down .....this doesn't make you viloent if anything the oppisite

Originally posted by Skanger
    Have to be pretty stupid to take E in the first place, but I've seen it work. One minute a guys talkign a mile a minute and can't keep still, the next he's back to "normal".

Btw, the guy in hte middle with the blue hat in the above, is the leader. You get a sense for these things. Always go for the leader, the rest will back down.

roffle

Originally posted by quank
    :O
    it all comes together now, emboss lives with half dead druggies
    :rolleyes:

Fredi: LOL wheredja get that pic?

that's some detective work 'der boss'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Sorry to burst your idealistic bubble, guys, but E isn't the loved up happy drug you all think it is. Yes, for the majority of people the majority of the time it makes them 'think' they're happy and appear happy, but as with all drugs, you can never predict how someone who takes E is going to react with their neurological system/emotional state/personality. Especially when you take into account the absolute sh1t that passes for ecstasy in this country, you never know what its been cut with. I've seen people turn into a raging psycho after taking it, especially if they've been drinking beforehand. And that's just from one pill. Long term, E can and DOES alter your personality.

So unless any of you are qualified in psychopharmacology, I don't think you have any right to say E makes all people happy all of the time. I used to be of that view myself.

http://www.ecstasy-effects.com/ is quite good, google it if you want to know more

• Advertisement

Originally posted by eth0_
    Sorry to burst your idealistic bubble, guys, but E isn't the loved up happy drug you all think it is. Yes, for the majority of people the majority of the time it makes them 'think' they're happy and appear happy, but as with all drugs, you can never predict how someone who takes E is going to react with their neurological system/emotional state/personality. Especially when you take into account the absolute sh1t that passes for ecstasy in this country, you never know what its been cut with. I've seen people turn into a raging psycho after taking it, especially if they've been drinking beforehand. And that's just from one pill. Long term, E can and DOES alter your personality.

So unless any of you are qualified in psychopharmacology, I don't think you have any right to say E makes all people happy all of the time. I used to be of that view myself.

http://www.ecstasy-effects.com/ is quite good, google it if you want to know more

Fair point....but if you have 30,000 people and 1 goes pyscho......well

the same can be said for anything

disprin anti-depresants any drug.....

but the majority of people.....'majority' don't go psycho or go around killing people after taken E

After years of being around it and been in serious E shops in europe aswell as Ireland I have yet to see even an arguemnt break out never mind a physical fight.....this is not to say it doesn't happen i'm sure it does most probably when mixed with alchohol...

no one is saying it's safe....it's just usually E heads don't walk around 'out of their bin' looking for fights...

it would take more than some dribble on a website to change my view on the drug

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

30,000 is a bit of an exaggeration. I do agree that most of the time E heads are harmless. But there are exceptions :)
    Coke...coke just turns you into an asshole.

It's the junkie scum who you have to watch your back around.

Originally posted by eth0_
    30,000 is a bit of an exaggeration. I do agree that most of the time E heads are harmless. But there are exceptions :)
    Coke...coke just turns you into an asshole.

It's the junkie scum who you have to watch your back around.

not reallly if you look at the amount of E's taken just in the uk and ireland...on an average weekend it's estimated into millions....

so 30,000 is a pretty small number in comparrision....as for coke i can only speak from what i see and it usally just turns normal arseholes into bigger ones.....but then again so does alchohol

and only seems to effect people in this way wen taken on a regulary basis...

anyway i think this is taken the discussion completley off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Originally posted by Morgans
    defending their rights to behave like there are no rules is only providing them with further excuses to behave anti-socially. Third time now Ive said that. The problem is why they want to be part of a identity that has negative connotations in the first place.

LOL. Skangers are scumbags. Everyone knows this and I think the only reasion that LMD is so outspoken about what others posters are saying is that a) LMD is a skanger or b) LMD is a clueless fool who has never been within 100 meters of a skanger in there life.

Its just common sense to avoid groups of skangers, not discrimination or racism, just being street wise. While I dont belive that its only skangers who cause trouble in pubs,club, break windows and tear seats on buses, I personaly have never seen any one bar skanagers do any of the above.

If the lovely messages written on the walls of the bus or any other free space telling the world that Anto loves Jacinta, you dont need to be the smartest person on the planet to work out that no one in D4 is called Anto :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

all you people defending scumbags are hilarious, you cannot seem to understand that its never a case of 5 scummers against 5 normal people, but always a case of 20 scummers against one or two lads.

ah forget it, the way you talk you sound like skangers. you say stuff like " oim mad oil bate de skangers". or "oim nat aferaid o skangers, ya muppah"!

scum are scum, and they have to fight in groups, cos theyre all pussies. unfortunatly, they outnumber us and are antisocial enough to carry knives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

well said, totally agree with ye....
    tbh, i think they sound like morons

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by Emboss
    it's funny you should mention foxrock.....
    where do you think all the real criminals live ? the ones who can afford 350,000 500,000 grand to go down the drain in an attempt to bring in heroin/e/coke/speed.....
    not in council estates trust me....
    they're not living in council estates....trust me...

Rofl, Emboss you are the biggest fúcking hypocrit I've ever seen, I cannot believe people have let this one go...

Ughh

Ffs people, there is a difference between judging someone as a knacker, and being cautious. People are born with instincts, and these instincts are developed over a life time, which tell people to be careful around 10 drunk lads on a street who are shouting shít?
    Is that really so wrong, everybody judges people, no matter what, some forms are worse then others, but trying to stay out of a fight is not one of them,

Also AW.
    Well, I've done Tae Kwon Do and Judo, which hasn't hindered me in the lease. But no, you dont need any black belt to know that if you kick a ****er in the balls, he's not gonna be hassling you.
    If you smacked that big ****er in the middle a good one, and perhaps knocked down the ****er with the coin rings on left, then every single one of those ****s would be gone like a fart in the wind.

Imagine this for a second AW, that you are person that is not physically able to knock the fúcker down? How about if you punch him and he just punches you straight back. Now shouldnt this person avoid the situation altogether?

And, tbh, AW, you're judging them aswell if you hit first, how do you know they're going to start a fight?

Originally posted by Sangre
    Rofl, Emboss you are the biggest fúcking hypocrit I've ever seen, I cannot believe people have let this one go...

that's not based on my opinion.....it's based on fact my child....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by Venom
    If the lovely messages written on the walls of the bus or any other free space telling the world that Anto loves Jacinta, you dont need to be the smartest person on the planet to work out that no one in D4 is called Anto :)

The D4 version of the above sez "Anto luvs Deko" , suck on that :D

M

• Advertisement

Here is an article in Wednesdays' Daily Star about a case where two scangers repeatedly punched and kicked a man so badly that he died of head injurues in hospital three days later. What was their provocation? Their victim refused to give them some cigarettes. Are they banged up for life? Not a fricking chance. The case took 5 years to get to court and now they have walked free due to some technicality.

Take a look at their photos. Did you ever see two more guilty faces? These pricks think they are fricking wiseguys. What have they learnt? They've learnt that they can do whatever they like and the law won't touch them.

This is yet another example of where we're all too busy protecting the rights of these thugs and not protecting those of the victims. Can't we just build a big concentration camp for these human rat-people?

[Edit - spreading article out over the next two posts to include photo attachments]

Whoever killed my son will strike again
    By Michael O'Toole, Crime Correspondent

The family of tragic Brian Fitzpatrick last night warned: "Whoever killed my son will strike again."
    And Mr Fitzpatrick's heartbroken mother Sarah said a lack of judges meant she had to wait FIVE YEARS to see two men go on trial for his 1998 murder.
    She fought back tears of grief yesterday when those two men were acquitted of murdering him in December 1998.
    Mrs Fitzpatrick told The Star: "Whoever killed him will strike again, I am sure of it."
    A judge ordered a jury at the Central Criminal Court in Dublin to acquit the two men - Michael Geoghegan and Richard Bourke - after weeks of legal argument.

The case against the two men, from Finglas in west Dublin, collapsed when Mr Justice Liam McKechnie ruled statements the two men had made in Garda custody were inadmissible.
    Geoghegan (20), of Northway Estate, Finglas, and Bourke (20), of Sycamore Park, Finglas East, were discharged from the court by Mr Justice McKechnie after his ruling.
    He told the jury that he had to exclude "certain statements" and "memos of interviews" from being available as evidence against the two men in their trial.
    Both men were accused of beating civil servant Mr Brian Fitzpatrick (41) to death in Finglas on 1 December 1998.

The court heard that Mr Fitzpatrick of Clune Road, Finglas died from head injuries three days after he was kicked and punched by the two accused.
    The jury heard evidence that he sustained massive bleeding to the brain and the cause of death was blunt force injury.
    Earlier in the trial, which began on October 20 last, prosecuting counsel Mr Tom O'Connell SC told the jury that the only reason for the beating was that earlier that same night Brian Fitzpatrick and his friend had refused to give cigarettes to the two accused.
    Mr Fitzpatrick had been out for a drink and was walking to his home at Clune road with a friend at around midnight when the two accused asked him for cigarettes in an "aggressive manner".
    Mr Fitzpatrick and his friend parted company and it was alleged that Michael Geoghegan and Richard Bourke met him again and proceeded to punch him in his head and upper body.
    The case spent several weeks in legal argument in the absence of the jury.
    Mr Justice McKechnie told the jury that there was "no further evidence available" that could go to the jury to reach a verdict and so asked them to return a verdict of not guilty by his direction.
    The two men were discharged from the court and left the court with their families.

Speaking to The Star after the decision, Brian's mother Sarah spoke of her disappointment at the outcome.
    "We were all very shocked - we just couldn't believe it," she said.
    "I think the fact that we had to wait five years for the murder trial to go ahead might have had some bearing on things. Who knows what might have happened if it had gone ahead sooner - but it couldn't because there were no judges. We wrote to the Taoiseach, the Garda Commissioner and John O'Donoghue when he was Minister for Justice - but nothing happened.
    It is a disgrace."

what's this got to do with anything ?

there was a case hmm 95/96 where 4 daddys boys from an upper class area got off scott free after killing a guy of similar age after a nights drinking......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

1)they didnt get off scott free
    2) on the scale of things, i think you'll find that young men from good areas attack people less than young men from bad areas.

dont start asking what a good/bad area is coz we all know exactly where they are

its plain to see who the skangers are, everyone knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

I know them from the area, they've been ****s fo as long as I can remember, there is no doubt in my mind that these lads are guilty, the blokes bitch mother is just like every other skangers mother, willingly blinding herself to the reality she raised a murdering scumbag, I look forward to the day I read of their horrible deaths in the newspaper.

Originally posted by El_MUERkO
    I know them from the area, they've been ****s fo as long as I can remember, there is no doubt in my mind that these lads are guilty, the blokes bitch mother is just like every other skangers mother, willingly blinding herself to the reality she raised a murdering scumbag, I look forward to the day I read of their horrible deaths in the newspaper.

if we killed them we'd probably end up with life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

Originally posted by spooiirt!!
    ah forget it, the way you talk you sound like skangers. you say stuff like " oim mad oil bate de skangers". or "oim nat aferaid o skangers, ya muppah"!

what are you talking about? how can you deduce this from posting on a message board?

Originally posted by utility_
    if we killed them we'd probably end up with life.

who's 'we' ?

hob nobs ye mean ?

• Advertisement

by we i mean me myself and I

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement