Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skangers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by Mordeth
    if I go outside today in my black combats, leather trench, iced earth tshirt and boots... and you assume that I am a devil worshipping bunny killer should I change my clothes just to suit your idiocy?

course not, that would take effort on your part and show you cared about how you looked, didn't just whip on your trackie bottom and top like the pj's they are

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Originally posted by loismustdie
    if you went outside today it would be a miricle, you've been up since 8am!!!

you be quiet :D it'd be an awful shame if anything were to happen to your bag before sunday wouldn't it..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

8am?? Get out of here!!

Omg, do you have a job or something?? How crazy!

How do you find the time to work, devil worship and kill bunnies?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

how about if we just make tracksuits an illegal item of clothing, surely that would help matters
    It wouldn't help. They'd all be wearing baggy jeans then.

I blame MTV (the Johnnie Blue thing isn't MTV's fault), parenting and lack of places in Juvenile Delinquent centres (or whatever they're called).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

they prob robbed the tunners, that why they too big:)
    seriously this thread is gettin weally ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

'getting' would imply it had a basis in sanity in the first place..

you be quiet :D it'd be an awful shame if anything were to happen to your bag before sunday wouldn't it..

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - well i thought it was dead anyway. so tell me what have i found? wht was in it cos i couldn't hear the other day - and i have worse quotes from that night to add to my sig if my bag does get hurt!!! also you know where i live mordeth, ya know the skangers i could troop up to attack you an your trench coat :p

well it's managed to last 16 pages but i think that was cos we quoted everyones posts the whole time, ah the confusion :?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

ya know the skangers i could troop up to attack you an your trench coat :p

Ahh you are Rita Doyle (Fair City fame) Queen of the Scangers ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by the_syco
    True, I didn't haress other people, and I'm not condoning wot they do, but wot else can skangers do?
    Stamp collect?

And that's why they get away with it. People making excuses for them. Well you know? Pi$$ off. There's plenty of people who have the same set of social circumstances, live in the same towns, and don't need to adopt the socially disruptive skanger life style. I've known them. It's too easy to point out the lack of a cinema and write it off as an excuse for social misdemenaours. Yeah, it can be a contributing factor to disharmony but it's not a viable reason!

You know what I did? I read, I watched TV, I hung out with friends in non-disruptive ways. Fancy that. I kept a good sense of social decorum about me and let myself think for myself. Most people manage this too. And funnily enough, at the same time, most people are aware of the basic functioning of society and its ethics, morales. This includes skangers. They know the right and wrong of it but they generally choose to ignore it. THAT is why people have such a big problem with them.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Dr. Loon
    loismustdie.... I think you should visit a doctor to check if you're insane. I can't believe this thread has gone on this long! It's amazing. Every single poster has posted they hate skangers and you've argued against almost every one.

I haven't been hassled (majorly) by a skang in a long time... probably due to my attitude, but in the past I have been. I know a skanger and will avoid one when I see it. EVERYONE knows what a skang looks like, it's part of growing up in Ireland.

I found in places like London, and New York it's more difficult to tell who's a skang and who's not. There's people that dress like our local skangers but they're perfectly decent people in other places than Ireland. There are a few people in Ireland that dress like this and are alright. In fact I know a few... but you'll be able to tell by the walk, the look in their eyes and their general demeanour whether they're a skanger.... as well as the can of dutch in hand.

ok dr loon, i am requestin to see you .....
    i not insane, i jst weally bored, after 5o'c i'll be smokin j's an knockin back dutch gold becasue i be finished my respectable job and won't be bored anymore so will be thru wit this thread.

It seems that you are in fact either majorly trolling or else a skanger lover. I'd say a bit of both, because no person in their right mind can have such heartfelt sympathies for the skang population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Excellent, now that everyone has declared this ridiculas, I will repeat my offer to organise gangs of intelligent well dressed people to beat the f**k out of skangers, maybe kill 1 out every 2 to keep population levels down. Then when they learn to cross the street because someone in a suit is coming down it the world will be a far better place.

Or maybve just kill 'em all, its cheaper than welfare! Evne in the long run, alcohol sales would slum until the celebration begin.

Do the math, one 7.62 bullet 20cent. Social welfare per week, 100 euro upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

gah?

You're lucky you're such a sexy knacker.

gah???

Originally posted by Havelock
    Excellent, now that everyone has declared this ridiculas, I will repeat my offer to organise gangs of intelligent well dressed people to beat the f**k out of skangers, maybe kill 1 out every 2 to keep population levels down. Then when they learn to cross the street because someone in a suit is coming down it the world will be a far better place.

Or maybve just kill 'em all, its cheaper than welfare! Evne in the long run, alcohol sales would slum until the celebration begin.

they can reproduce singlehandedly so that mightn't work:)

Damn that means we must kill all of them, uhh..but I like fear and loathing. ****, now I have to kill everyone. Flamethrowers, morters, ICBM Nukes, ah fun time. heheheheheeh

kill people wearing runners, they've already begun to act as skangers :) and bunnies

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

What about Knackers? Where do they fit in?

I think lmd is an idiot[1], and not going to change his or her view regardless of the validity of the arguments raised against him/her. Why bother arguing.

--

1. As according to the first definition, not the second.

id·i·ot ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-t)
    n.

1. A foolish or stupid person.
    2. A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ok, Seems as Loismustdie is the only one cutting the skangers any slack think I will too, anyone notice how most look similar, that inward sloping face like they got hit with a shovel, I reckon all these skangers marry in their own housing estates, skanger marries skanger marries skanger, its a depleted genepool and leads to interbreeding, so it ain't their fault, just like interbred dogs are vicious and bite !

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭padraigmyers

Originally posted by Trojan
    I think lmd is an idiot

I'm willing to give him the benifit of doubt and assume he is either trolling (which I
    hope is true for his own good) or extremelly niave.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Trojan
    I think lmd is an idiot[1], and not going to change his or her view regardless of the validity of the arguments raised against him/her. Why bother arguing.

the point in arguing is because ya believe somethin, i believe i'm right and i'm not ogin to change my mind - i'm goin to keep arguing until 5 o'c and then resume at 9 tomorrow failing a more interesting thread arising

No damnit, I need people to volentere to kill with me, other wise I'm just some other lone nut.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭padraigmyers

i believe i'm right and i'm not ogin to change my mind - i'm goin to keep arguing until 5 o'c and then resume at 9 tomorrow failing a more interesting thread arising

Haha, your on your own mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

No damnit, I need people to volentere to kill with me, other wise I'm just some other lone nut.

Just wear a tracksuit, nikes, and some soverign rings...you'll have a gang with you in no time....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Too simplistic though! Let's look at the cost of them first on a weekly basis:

COST OF A SKANGER
    ===============

Social Welfare cost: 100 euro a week
    Cost in associated crimes - Gardai hours, repurchasing mobile phones, increased insurance premiums, etc (divided per head): Let's pluck it at an arbitrary 50 a head.

So costs to state: 150 a week.

However, they also generate revenue. Tax revenues for example:
    * Smoke 40 cigarettes a day @ 5 in generated tax? x 7 = 35
    * Drink 3-4 cans of Dutch Gold @ 4-5 in more tax? x 7 = 28
    Total amount = 63.
    Now we can apply a model of thievery to this (exempt from the outgoing cost) and assume 10% comes from illegal sources, brinigng revenue down to, we'll say, 55 quid.

Therefore 150 - 55 = 95.

Total net loss to government: 95 a week per skanger.
    Take a rough estimate of 50,000 skangers and we have a cost per week of : 4,750, 000.

COST OF HAVELOCK'S PLAN
    ===================

Now the expenditure of bullets is... let's say a quid a person. However you'll need clean up crews and initial arms stocking.
    So say we have a team of manned men - 20-30. Let's settle on 25.

Their cost is as follows:
    Weekly wage per bounty hunter = 500 * 25 = 12,500
    Cost of armour, armanents, weapons = 400 * 25 = 10000
    Total = 22,5000.
    (the weapons initial costs are spread, for purposes here, overly weekly installments. We're equipping our men well).

Now we've a few other costs to account for. Firstly we'll need to factor in a cleanup crew to get rid of bodies, cans, stray caps, and rings.
    Let's say they work once a day, at night, after the bounty hunters.
    2-man teams, sent to locations tagged by the bounty hunters.
    We'll have 5 2-man teams, so each team covers the area of 5 bounty-hunters.

Their wage is as follows:
    Weekly wage of a clean = 400 * 10 = 4000
    Cost of cleaning equipment, munce wagons, disposal, etc = 350 * 5 = 1750
    Total Cost = 5750

We've a few other elements to factor in, such as insurance premiums on the bounty hunters (in case of stray bullets). Let's call it an even 5,000 a week.

Therefore total cost per week = 22,500 + 5750 + 5000 = 33,250.

So costs per week [inital] = 4,750,000 + 33,250 = 4,783,250.

TIMESCALE
    ========

Now this plan is nothing without a projected time line. After all the bounty hunters need quotas. We'll say each bounty hunter has an assigned quota of around 5 scum bags a day, averaging 30 skangers a week (to give account of poor days, days off etc).

So skanger elmination a week = 30 * 25 = 750.

Now this gives a timeline of 50,000 / 750 = 66.6 weeks, or around 16 months.

However, as numbers of skangers go down, we have a sliding scale of cost, roughly of 70,000 a week (using the aforementioned skanger cost of 95 a skanger * 750). The cost of the plan is pretty invariant as we won't have room to cut down. However, it's worth noting that the plan pays for itself each week WITH substantial savings.

CONCLUSION
    ==========

To get a better overview of the plan, you could probably apply the scale to a graph and use calculus to get the slope of the curve of cost, but it should be obvious that there are savings to be made here and we have a framework for a society, going forward, as long as we can waiver neglibile points like ethics and rights to a fair and unprejudiced trial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

Originally posted by ixoy
    Too simplistic though! Let's look at the cost of them first on a weekly basis:

COST OF A SKANGER
    ===============

Social Welfare cost: 100 euro a week
    Cost in associated crimes - Gardai hours, repurchasing mobile phones, increased insurance premiums, etc (divided per head): Let's pluck it at an arbitrary 50 a head.

So costs to state: 150 a week.

However, they also generate revenue. Tax revenues for example:
    * Smoke 40 cigarettes a day @ 5 in generated tax? x 7 = 35
    * Drink 3-4 cans of Dutch Gold @ 4-5 in more tax? x 7 = 28
    Total amount = 63.
    Now we can apply a model of thievery to this (exempt from the outgoing cost) and assume 10% comes from illegal sources, brinigng revenue down to, we'll say, 55 quid.

Therefore 150 - 55 = 95.

Total net loss to government: 95 a week per skanger.
    Take a rough estimate of 50,000 skangers and we have a cost per week of : 4,750, 000.

COST OF HAVELOCK'S PLAN
    ===================

Now the expenditure of bullets is... let's say a quid a person. However you'll need clean up crews and initial arms stocking.
    So say we have a team of manned men - 20-30. Let's settle on 25.

Their cost is as follows:
    Weekly wage per bounty hunter = 500 * 25 = 12,500
    Cost of armour, armanents, weapons = 400 * 25 = 10000
    Total = 22,5000.
    (the weapons initial costs are spread, for purposes here, overly weekly installments. We're equipping our men well).

Now we've a few other costs to account for. Firstly we'll need to factor in a cleanup crew to get rid of bodies, cans, stray caps, and rings.
    Let's say they work once a day, at night, after the bounty hunters.
    2-man teams, sent to locations tagged by the bounty hunters.
    We'll have 5 2-man teams, so each team covers the area of 5 bounty-hunters.

Their wage is as follows:
    Weekly wage of a clean = 400 * 10 = 4000
    Cost of cleaning equipment, munce wagons, disposal, etc = 350 * 5 = 1750
    Total Cost = 5750

We've a few other elements to factor in, such as insurance premiums on the bounty hunters (in case of stray bullets). Let's call it an even 5,000 a week.

Therefore total cost per week = 22,500 + 5750 + 5000 = 33,250.

So costs per week [inital] = 4,750,000 + 33,250 = 4,783,250.

TIMESCALE
    ========

Now this plan is nothing without a projected time line. After all the bounty hunters need quotas. We'll say each bounty hunter has an assigned quota of around 5 scum bags a day, averaging 30 skangers a week (to give account of poor days, days off etc).

So skanger elmination a week = 30 * 25 = 750.

Now this gives a timeline of 50,000 / 750 = 66.6 weeks, or around 16 months.

However, as numbers of skangers go down, we have a sliding scale of cost, roughly of 70,000 a week (using the aforementioned skanger cost of 95 a skanger * 750). The cost of the plan is pretty invariant as we won't have room to cut down. However, it's worth noting that the plan pays for itself each week WITH substantial savings.

CONCLUSION
    ==========

To get a better overview of the plan, you could probably apply the scale to a graph and use calculus to get the slope of the curve of cost, but it should be obvious that there are savings to be made here and we have a framework for a society, going forward, as long as we can waiver neglibile points like ethics and rights to a fair and unprejudiced trial.

Hmmm me think someone has too much time on their hands, as long as it keeps you off the streets :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭wombat

i've been luckier than the rest of you the. someone said the experience 90% of this skangerness everday, that's who i was directing that post at

Except that's not what was said, and it's not the first time you've twisted someone else's statement to take "I get jumped by skangers" and turn it into "Once I leave the house it looks like that scene in the matrix where neo fights the smiths in a playground, except I wear a jacket and smiths wear a tracksuit"

Most of the times I've been attacked or threatened was by a scanger, same with a lot of people here it seems. And this is no more snobbery than it is for anto to refer to me as a hippieeee because of the way I dress. Horses for courses as they say. It's not about dress or style, it's about being scared to pass a group of them on the street because there is a fair chance you'll be attacked for making eye contact (a former flatmate was pinned to a wall by one of them for looking for a second).

Your doing it the American way there.

I meant for me, to do a whole the Punisher/Fight Club type thing. Sort of part time self suffiecent killing organisation. A sort of gurilla warfare, no central base, best for urban combat, maybe operating in controlled cell. Hum goes off to develop plans.

Well see you all tomorrow morning. Till then be good.

i really like your way of thinking, but i am not for killing skangers, but if i was -

you should add 90% of the cost price of an ounce (say 80 euro) by the amount of skangers in the world to find out how much they contribute to drugs money (that's just hash - seperate calculation for e etc) the drugs money moves up a long line of scumbags :) and is eventually spent on weapons in 3rd world countries, which opposes money irish economy gives to trocaire, this makes the cost of keepin skangers alive even more and gives you more of a reason to kill them :)

• Advertisement

PS: I think that cost list should be stickied.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement